A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

If you ever go to Nashville stay at the Embassy Suites Vanderbilt. Free drinks and Pie In The Sky is right around the corner. Awesome wings!

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Best. Vac. Ever. Bought one based on sis and BIL recce. todl to vac house with the old one, then close the drapes and do with the dyson. why close the drapes, I asked. Because you;ll be embarrassed at how dirty the place is and the old vac doesn't clean...they were right.

I proudly recommend two appliances...Dyson vacs, and the Ronco Set it and forget it. Been through 5 of the Set its over the years.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Mrs Wulf did a coupon class.....came home last night with $232 worth of groceries for $65. We are out of pantry space.

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:shock: :hurray:

Now see ... I already can hardly shut my pantry door, it's just a little closet. Where would I put all the stuff if I used coupons??

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Attic? :jester:

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And it's FUN to do it too! I love watching the total drop when I use my coupons like I oughtta. Like being in Vegas and hitting the slots! ; )

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ya know i loved saving with coupons but as we are now trying to eat from just the outside aisles at the grocery store there just aren't many coupons available for fresh meat & veggies:cry:

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

What does that mean?

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

when you go to the grocery store you have all the fresh veggies along one outside wall, the meats & seafood along another wall and the dairy products on the third wall. Basically all the packaged and processed foods are on all the internal aisles.

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

So it's good practice to avoid the isles? I've never heard that. Does it save money? Is it more healthy or both?

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

This is true, and I am not as dedicated to it as I had been in the past. I am tending to more "from scratch" cooking right now and buying meat in bulk and packaging it myself to save. BUT, on stuff like paper goods, health and beauty, laundry detergent, canned goods, toothpaste, stuff like that, I am all about some coupons to reduce their cost. :cheers:

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

definitely costs more to eat healthy but it's worth it to me. After all these years, its just the way it is. =) With summer coming up, the seasonal veggies will be cheaper (and so much yummier) than the grocery. Summer saves me $$$$ for this reason. :mrgreen:

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Definitely healthier, as for saving money i doubt it cause like i said no coupons and the processed packaged stuff is cheaper than fresh but since it is just me and DH at home now the extra didn't hit as bad when i had been used to feeding my 6'5" son:lol:

14. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

The outside walls are the deepest discounted items. You get prison raped in the aisles.

15. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

16. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I'm tired of BAD chines food. Where is the good stuff perple? Dang. DOes I have to begs for good intel on the slant eye grub?

17. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

This is probably a silly question, and to be honest, it's not really a question, more of a rhetorical statement, but...

Does anyone else have one of those people in your life, that are not really in your life by your choosing, but there's nothing you can do about it....and no matter how hard you try to like them, you just don't. And no matter how nice you try to be, they're just snots... And no matter what they do, they just irritate the living &*$#@! out of you???

Yeah.....me too......

18. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Amen sister!

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

More than one, LOL

20. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Girl...

I'm just sayin', I'm a people person, I'm a people pleaser. I would give the shirt off my back to someone in need. I am a humanitarian. I TRULY try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

And I know I'm sometimes crass, and people don't know how to take me because I speak my mind, but damn...

I mean really...there is no pleasing some people....