Mother's Day

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Allioop, May 3, 2011.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Mother's Day is really tough for me as well. My mom passed away almost 10 yrs ago, my dad died on Mother's day 5 yrs ago (it was the day after my birthday), so then last yr I have all that going on and MD fell on my 50th bday!

I got through it, didn't want to put a damper on things for MIL Mother's day etc. But it was hard to keep it together in church that day... :cry:

2. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I'm starting to feel really bad about starting this thread. I should have considered those who have lost their moms. I didn't even acknowledge that in my original post. After reading all of your stories, my heart just breaks. I hope I didn't bring anyone down or make anyone feel bad. I should have made this a dedication to our moms and the memory of our moms. Please forgive me for not thinking that through.:-(

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

No harm done,I know how it was meant.
    For all of you that have lost your moms :grouphug:

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I don't believe you should have worried about 'keeping it together' in church and I'm sorry for you that you felt this way. What kind of church doesn't minister to people's feelings and needs? I tell folks that if they've had a good week, fellowship needs them, if they've had a bad week, they need some fellowship.

5. Hatteras6

Please don't. I'm grateful for those of you who have shared your joy with having your mothers with you, with us. Believe me, we wish we could share the same. Yet that awareness we can't brings about bittersweet emotions.

I don't feel down about missing Momma, or being reminded about her. I'm glad that y'all let me commiserate for a bit, and offered kind words and acknowledgement.

Alli..based on what I've read that you've posted, your apology is not necessary, as your intent was a wonderful one. Feel good about this day, as we do as well.

6. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad for starting this thread. I have many memories of my Mom and I don't need Mother's Day to think about her, but I will. Give your Mom many hugs and kisses on her day this weekend. Let us all honor our mothers whether they are living or not. When our loved ones pass on, they leave us with our love and our memories. That is what helps to make it bearable. Thanks to all for the sympathies.

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Simply put...Love 'em while you got 'em. We aren't promised tomorrow.

8. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Exactly...please, Allioop, do not feel bad about starting this thread. Chances are, I would have said something about my Mom on here at some point this week, anyway!

And, Hatteras...thank you for your kind words in my post earlier. You said some things that made me really think about my situation and made me see some things that I have been missing.

9. bandmom

Oh the problem was more 'me' than them! I just didn't want to be a blubbering idiot in front of folks that didn't know me or my situation. Guess I'm weird like that, I don't want to make others feel uncomfortable?

10. bandmom

Don't feel bad! Maybe hearing from those of us who have lost our mothers, and in some cases, both our parents, will remind those who still have theirs to love 'em and take time from their busy schedule to spend quality time with them. :grouphug:

11. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

It has helped to remind me... and made me more conscious of the sadness the day will hold for others. I think the thread is fine.

12. Allioop

Y'all are so sweet. :grouphug:

13. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

We are planning a trip, to the "homestead" in PA where my sister still lives, to spend Memorial Day with my family in commemoration of the one year anniversary of my mom's passing. The last time we were there, it was to be with her when she came home for hospice care (kidney failure). I treasure the time I was given with her; she waited for me to get there. This visit will be a positive one, a celebration of family. I am glad this thread was started; reading others' posts helps me know that I won't feel so alone this mother's day. That I am not the only one who will reach for the phone instinctively to call mom, only to remember that she won't be there to answer. I just wonder when my face will finally stop leaking...~sigh~ :-(

14. Hatteras6

I pray that you are able to bear the hurt. I pray the you never get past the hurt. I pray the your tears flow freely for as long as you feel like crying.

15. Allioop

:grouphug: