Brad Cooper verdict

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tukasiya, May 5, 2011.

1. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

I am stunned that at least one person on that jury did not have a reasonable doubt about his guilt. You never know what a jury is going to do. It makes me wonder if this verdict was about expediency rather than justice. But, I felt that he probably was guilty.

2. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Agree....I admittedly haven't followed it closely but it seems she was getting around so to speak. All types of crazy things could have gone down.

3. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

The "smoking gun" to me was the map of the area where her body was found that was downloaded onto his computer. Very hard to explain away.

Other than THAT, there was reasonable doubt, at least from what I read.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Agreed, that is way too much of a coincidence

5. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I believe that they proved he had more affairs than she had. But either way, the answer to a cheating spouse is divorce, not murder.

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

saw this in an email recently when i asked a guy i know what is going on with the case....here is the reply.

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

The judge had no balls. The jury sent a note up last week asking the judge to tell the lawyers that they need to get moving because they were ready to go home. This was after the prosecution spent weeks offering their case and the defense had barely started. The judge should have blistered that jury right then and there. This was their civic duty, it's not up to them to decide that the lawyers are wasting time. How do we know that they didn't then hurry with the verdict?

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  8. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I think he did it. I also think he is entitled to his appeal. But from the testimony that I heard he terrorized his wife horribly and even if he didn't kill her he sounds like a Grade A ********* and I hope he takes the time to think about how he treated her.

edited to add: I'm sure she was no peach either and clearly it was two people who did not belong together, but nothing I heard about her was cruel in the way that he was to her. I don't know how she stayed with him regardless of her immigration status. Poor thing should have run as fast as she could.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  9. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

The more I read the more it seems like the state's case was full of more holes than steve's head.

He may have done it but there seems to be all kinds of questions which begs the question...was he proven guilty?

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I watched every bit of Brad Coopers deposition prior to the trial. He is a peice of work.

I watched it/listened to it (the trial) every single day it was on WRAL. I heard every single witness and heard every peice of evidence and testimony. There was PLENTY of evidence to prove he did it. The final arguments from the head prosecutor were chilling and what I believe is the reason the jury came back with their most fitting verdict. (and if you get a chance to hear it/watch it, you won't be sorry)

Justice was served indeed. And I knew they would come back with that verdict (and was actually the only one at work that threw in "in the first degree").

If all you did was read what the media printed to keep up with this trial, then you missed A LOT of valuable "smoking gun" info. (not to mention they got it wrong 90% of the time in print). He planned it and he did it.

Regardless of the whole emotional trial, there was never, ever any justification for him to kill her. Cheating, money, divorce, child custody, all things we all have all experienced on some level, or at least know someone who has, there was nothing bad enough to hold her throat for 3 minutes until she died.

11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Who on earth would refute that notion?

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I know right? I just can't wrap my head around what he was thinking. He had no reason to not just divorce her, other than being a control freak.