A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Well actually I've been making up for it here at work lately.....LOL

2. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

We have pretty good luck with Southern Season. They guarantee delivery and lately, we have been able to get shipping cheap or free. My MIL is a chocoholic and their Belgian chocolates are awesome. Well, everything they have is awesome to me! And, they are local!

https://www.southernseason.com/ppf/id/102/cat.asp

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

word to the wise for those who order flowers for loved ones across the miles....

call the local florist in the town your flowers are going to, and you'll only be charged the regular, local delivery fee. I used to work for a florist and FTD, 1800 or Teleflora charge the florist themselves for their services (which consists of them faxing your order to them). The local flower shop then has to charge you their fee to cover that as well as the normal delivery fee.

always always always just call the town your Mom (or whomever) lives in for any flowers ever needed. :mrgreen:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I was in a rush and fell for an internet ad. :oops::oops::oops: Neber, ebber again!!!

5. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:cheers:
    This is great advice. I've always used 1800flowers and never thought about the additional fees in addition to the delivery fees.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It is entirely possible to be sick with worry. :neutral:

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Absolutely :grouphug:

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thank you Hught, I did not want to post here because of the trolls, but my niece has been missing for 24 hours now. Probably a runaway, but she is only 14. She is from Boones Mill, VA and is most likely with a boy. Neither of them have cell phones, money, a car, nothing. There was a possible sighting in Greensboro but it has not panned out. I'm aware that I am grasping at straws, If ANYONE sees a young white couple wearing black clothing hitchhiking, etc in your travels in NC or VA, PLEASE let me know. She is 5'6", 105 pounds with blond hair, the boy I am not sure about those details other than he has dark hair in pics. Her mother is nearly out of her mind with worry.

9. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

sorry to hear....hope you find them soon

10. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:iagree: Hope they are found safe and sound.

11. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Can't imagine what you and your family must be going through!
    I hope they are found soon,safe and sound!!

12. Allioop

:grouphug: Please keep us posted. I'll be praying that she will be found soon.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:hurray::hurray::hurray: She has just been found, I know no details but thank you for the thoughts and prayers!:grouphug:

14. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Wonderful news!!! Thanks for posting the happy news!:hurray:

15. Allioop

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Good news! :cheers:

17. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

honeysuckle

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

man it's early.

19. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it!!

20. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

This could possibly be the worst week of my life.