Alternative to TWC, Dish or Direct TV

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jeepgirl, May 9, 2011.

1. Jeepgirl

Jeepgirl Well-Known Member

I am so tired of TWC and don't want to use a satellite company because we have used them in the past and been very unhappy. Tried to see if AT&T Uverse is in our area and they aren't. I would appreciate any info for another TV, internet and phone service company that does service the 40/42 area. Thanks!

2. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Hulu?

3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

AT&T is offering a good deal and 100% HD.

4. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

:neutral:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Would be nice if folks read before posting.............wouldn't it?? :jester:

6. ServerSnapper

Water = Wet?

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

hey....you got one right today. :lol:

8. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Clueless.

9. Lolly42

Lolly42 Well-Known Member

If you are in Clayton then you really have no other options. Internet is another nightmare!

10. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I have DirecTv and love it. Just curious...what don't you like about DirecTV or Dish Network?

11. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Being able to customize and putting together your own channels would be nice for starters! I've got a basics package with only about 5-6 channels at most that are worth watching,all the rest I could do without!!

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I agree in a perfect world that would be nice but you are assuming each channel is worth the same price....they aren't. The nobody watches channels help subsidize the others.

So it's either pay $x for what you have or the same $x for what you want. Might as well get it all for the same price.

Have you considered an antenna for over the air networks? Those are obviously free and are in HD.

13. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Article in todays N&O about a company in Raleigh that makes the best on the market. The company is Mohu, the antenna is called The Leaf, it supposedly picks up about 20 channels around here. Retails for $44.00.

14. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I can get that with a pair of $3 rabbit ears.

15. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

i agree with you, the most expensive are the sports channels and we dont watch them. i think they should have a cheaper, sports free option

16. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Go to an antenna.

Use this tool to see what you will be able to get.

http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=90

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

18. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I have DirecTv but I also have a 60 buck antenna in my attic. I can get all the Raleigh, Greenville and Jacksonville local channels via the antenna in the rare event that my satellite goes out.

Here is a pic of the antenna

[​IMG]

19. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Went to a buddy's house to watch the b-ball tourney. He bought a LCD TV w/ built-in tuner but forgot the dang digital antener. Pressed fer time, I stuck a paperclip in the little cable connection and he picked up 16 local digital channels! Larry the Cable guy woulda been proud.

20. ServerSnapper

DO you access this from a Gaming console?