Alternative to TWC, Dish or Direct TV

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jeepgirl, May 9, 2011.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

No

2. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

i cant make any changes now cause the stupid contract. we had tw but they raised rates si i switched to dish. i will not keep it either, it keeps going out in storms and even when it doesnt storm

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

4. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I've had Dish and DirecTv since '03 and can remember my service going out due to rain only 2-3 times.....and one was due to Hurricane Isabel.

I wonder if your Dish is aimed correctly.

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I had Dish for a few years and it was very intermittent as well. My lot is just too wooded to get a good consistent signal. I added length to the dish mount a couple of times over the years, but eventually it was too much. When I called for service and they told me that they charge for it, I canceled it and took advantage of a cable introductory offer. Now I'm ready to make a switch again. Cable is just too expensive.

I heard that satellite for Direct TV is higher in the sky. This would help me get over the tree's. I just can't get over the thought of having to pay rent for a box for every room. Dish offers a box that can control two rooms so it saves a little money. I don't think Direct offers it.

Yes, I'm cheap.

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Like. lol

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Does AT&T make a gaming console?

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

DirecTv's aren't that much higher in the sky to make a difference. As a self proclaimed professional tailgater, I can tell you this for a fact. :lol:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We had cable, then went to satellite, and were happy to go back to TWC when they came through a few years ago. I hate the $$, but I ain't messing with the dish going out in bad weather all the time. We have lots of tall trees and it was just a constant PITA.

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

So i love Syfy, USA, etc., are any of those available with what you have?

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I honestly could not tell you if their shows are on there (don't know what their shows are), but they do not carry the channels themselves (to the best of my knowledge).

You should check their websites.

12. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

TWC is raising my rates $20 next month, and personally I think their service is horrendous. I'm constantly losing channels, sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for hours. I'm on my 5th box in 3 years. They take channels away without telling you and then expect you to pay more to upgrade your service. I never thought I would actually miss Comcast. DirectTv would be a little bit cheaper, Dish would be a lot cheaper ($50 a month), but I'm hesitant about switching to satelite. I'm just about fed up with TWC though...I called today and told them about the deals the other companies were offering and they told me I have to call back next month when my contract ends to find out if they have any promotions that can match Dish or DirecTv. I really wish there was more than one cable company offering service here.

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

By now I'm sure everyone thinks I work for the satellite company but I'm serious when I say it is the best deal out there. I RARELY lose signal. Now granted I don't have trees so if that's an issue then that's understandable.

There are so many perks into Dish and DTV that I don't know why anyone would EVER consider TWC.