School Bus Accident on Polenta Road 5/11

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by freefall67, May 11, 2011.

1. freefall67

freefall67 New Member

I'm very thankful that the bus driver was not injured and that there were not any children on the bus at the time of the accident.

I'm a concerned citizen who had actually been on the phone with the DOT earlier in the day trying to find out how one goes about petitioning to reduce the speed limit on a road. I was told that before studies could be done, there would need to be a higher instance of accidents.

Polenta Rd. has grown over the years since I moved out in the mid 90's. With the construction of Cleveland High School, traffic is VERY busy.

The posted speed limit does not seem appropriate for the amount of travel on the road at this time and with each new year, the high school will be bringing in even more young, inexperienced drivers.

I wanted to get an idea of other opinions on the issue of reducing the speed limit on Polenta Road....especially in the area between Plantation Rd. and Grill Rd.

thank you for your time.

2. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

That was my son's bus! So glad he was not on it! He would have been traumatized. Do we know what happend?

3. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Oh No :( I hadn't heard anything about the accident ... but I hope everyone involved was OK :( :grouphug:

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Grill Road is turing into I40. It amazes me how FAST people go. I've been waiting for someone to loose it coming out of the curve. :neutral:

5. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

If it's the bus driver who ran me off the road last week in the curve, I'm not surprised. That driver's speed has been an accident that's been waiting to happen. Almost every day this school year her bus has crossed the yellow line in the curve or ridden on the yellow line. Last week half of the bus crossed the line and I almost ended up in the ditch between Matthews and Watkins. The bus coordinator was alerted to this.

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

is that the skid marks I saw going into the ditch just past the high school just before grill road