Scotty Event - Saturday

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DAH22, May 12, 2011.

1. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I have not watched AI for the past few season including this one but I will say it was kinda neat to watch a young man carry himself the way that kid did over the weekend. He seems like a good role model with his ability to talk about "God things" in front of all those people, with pride. That's hard to do when you're a kid. Also, I was SO glad to see him performing with a LIVE band on Saturday. That just adds so much to a performance versus singing with pre-recorded backup tracks. Of course it does open the door for more thecnical difficulties but from the video I saw on wral.com, things went very well. Proud of Scotty and hope he sticks to his values and beliefs when the temptations of stardom comfront him!

2. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

The town was given $51,000 from the Idol advertisers and other merchants (such as AT&T) to go toward this. The city was only out $10,000.

3. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

He really sounded pretty good with the band- and Josh Turner- MY GOSH!!!
    lord amighty!

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

If I had known Josh Turner was going to be there.................whew!!! I got to see him sing live once in Nashville, could have reached out and touched him. Wished I had. :mrgreen:

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I've been saying for a while that is who I thought of whenever he was on and while his hair was shorter.

6. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

So is it because of his Love and acknowledgment for God that has your butt all twisted ?

7. grandma4

Harvey needs to airhump some more!

8. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Scotty's style isn't my favorite, but I like him as a performer and as a person (from what we see and what he says). I think he'll have a good career whether he wins AI or not. He seems real, and doesn't let anyone change him too much. Like Randy always says, you have to know who you are. Scotty's known all along. I think that's what makes him so likable. I actually like all three contestants that are left and would love for any of them win!

By the way, the other day my daughter said Scotty McFairy is her favorite idol! :lol: I don't know why she thought it was McFairy!

9. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Eff off, loser. Who said anything about that?

I said he sounded like a Muppet.

10. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Shhhhh...right behind you.

11. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I'm sure God is delighted with you and petitions His Father every second for more Christians like you who can't communicate without communicating something ****ty.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  12. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Maybe he reminds her of Clay????

13. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:lol: She's too young to remember Clay. She's 9 years old. Now that I think about it, I can't believe how long AI has been on! I wonder how many more seasons it will last.

14. BuzzMyMonkey

Thought so, have a blessed day.

15. BuzzMyMonkey

God petitions his Father?? Ah shucks.

16. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

I taped the ScottyFest for my wife and then we sat down and watched it. What a shame that the organizers had to trot out the politicians, some with their children in tow. Unbelievable. This thing was about Scotty, not the politicos.

17. grandma4

A source told me his mother was against them having politicians out there except the mayor. It was hot and the show got a late start as it was- no one really gave a poop what they said(Ms. Elmers did stoke up some noise from the crowd though).

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Hopefully not much longer, along with all the other "reality" shows like Survivor and what not.

19. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Whether you follow AI or not, it is really sad that politicians are falling all over themselves and posting Scotty parade photos on their facebook accounts, just trying to get a rub from his publicity.