progress energy bill

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rntobe, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I will not be saying this next month.... DH has to have some AC soon.

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

$104.00 I am tickled to death!!!!!

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

$91.92 :hurray:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You all SUCK!! LOL!! Mine was still $150.00, but DH works from home and I ain't doing without A/C. :jester:

5. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

Got the courage to open our bill - wow! $89.81 - I don't remember it ever being so low; even for this time of year. I'm sure Progress Energy will get their money back from me over the next few months.

6. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Low electric bills due to great weather. Summer is coming.

7. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yes, we have actually had a spring this year.

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

nice. :mrgreen:

10. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

you guys realize it's been cooler recently....right?

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Of course, but one can still be glad the bill is less. 8)

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

agree....it just seems some are surprised for some reason.

13. KellBell

It's been cooler yes, but the humidity is still thick. My air has been on for the last month and a half....so I am glad to see the bill be low, in fact HALF of what it was for Dec, Jan and Feb. :mrgreen:

14. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Just think what our hair looked like back in the 80's during the humid times. :jester::lol::lol::lol:

15. KellBell

it was in style to have it big....now, not so much. But I can assure you I can dern near predict how much moisture is in the air just by what my hair is doing....hence the a/c being on since March. :mrgreen:

16. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I totally agree. My hair predicts the humidity and weather! lol.......and yes i was tickled with a low bill also as my a/c has been on since beginning of April also!!!

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

$91.64 for me

18. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

$111.03 It would be less than that if my dryer didn't take two cycles to dry and the windows and doors were insulated correctly. I know I know.. use a clothes line. I used to want one. Those days are gone.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I know what you mean about the dryer. I think our vent pipe to the outside is blocked. DH is going to get up there on the roof and make sure it's clear, because I keep the flexible one from the dryer to the wall clear. Putting laundry rooms on the second floor is so stupid in my opinion. If I ever build a house, you can be sure it won't be like that again. :?

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I just checked ours online, last bill from 4/11-5/10 was $128, I'll take that. Considering we keep 5 computers running all the time, and heat lamps on 3 snake cages, and constant power to DH's shop with a refrigerator running, I can't complain.