Southeastern Crowned Snake

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jul 1, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Just saw one in our yard,never seen one like it before around here.

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

awesome. only harmful if you're a small rodent or frog...

[​IMG]

3. AnnetteL

How about a 2 1/2 lb puppy?:lol:

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

5. AnnetteL

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Who are you? Steve Irwin's niece? Are you outside looking for reptiles, rodents, amphibians and mammals 24/7?

8. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing :~) I'm still laughing!

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL! We enjoy all the critters that show up in our yard too. DH found this one Sat.

[​IMG]

We have a huge skink that lives on our front porch, and I am waiting for "George", my favorite tree frog to show back up this year. He lives on the front porch too. I was less than enthused about just the tail of a skink I found under the garage door...........ewwww.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DS found this guy a couple weeks ago, some sort of salamander. Very cool looking stripes.

[​IMG]

11. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Our neighbor had a 6 foot black snake on his porch yesterday...

I'm just sayin', if a snake shows up at my house, he's gonna be a dead snake. I don't care how harmless he is.

If you are a snake lover and think that's awful, then you can PM me your number now. I'll call you to come remove it when it shows up.

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

More mice and rodents to you then! 8)

13. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Honestly girl, I can buy a dang mouse trap. And if that doesn't work, I have cats. I...just....can't....do....snakes. I am not even kidding you, lol...

14. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Yep...even the idea of a snake is enough! :jester:

I surprised a snake last Saturday while mowing...rounded the corner at the back of the lot and there he was...really long black snake with his head up several inches above the ground. Still finding pieces of him here and there. I'm sure the whole neighborhood heard me screaming!:ack:

15. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

I heard black snakes will also eat the copperheads.

16. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

steve is fond of the Alabama Blacksnake

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL Jen!! There is a black snake that lives under my shed and there is a huge one here at the house I work out of too. He took a few years off my boss's life last summer, was right under his foot as he went to step off the deck. Screamed like a girl! :lol::lol::lol:

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

snakes = :ack:

I'm with Jen. My favorite snake is a dead snake. period.

19. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm not a real big fan of snakes. Not scared of them, but never really cared to handle one that much, but I did get a chance to put a small ball python around my neck at Noah's Landing for a photo op. Not really that big a deal. I do, however, have an appreciation for them. I think I mentioned it before, but if you get a chance and aren't grossed out by just looking at snakes, visit the Cape Fear Serpentarium on the riverfront at Wilmington. They have some of the largest and deadliest snakes in existence...bushmaster, cobras, black mambas, pythons, gaboon viper, anaconda + gators, crocs, lizards, etc.

If you go for nothing else, check out their huge King Cobra. It is the most amazing snake I've ever seen. I would squat down and "hide" from it and it would literally seek me out to see what I was doing. Just a inch or so of glass separating you from a near 20 foot long snake that can kill an adult elephant! Each exhibit is marked with a skull-and-crossbones rating system of how deadly the snake you're are view is if bitten.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  20. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Would honestly love to have one of these as to me they are a beautiful creature and much to be respected.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]