A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I've heard of a total of four of these.

'Friday Night Lights'
    'Law & Order: LA'
    'Smallville'
    '$#*! My Dad Says'

I tried to watch one of them once 'Friday Night Lights'. I coundnt watch it because they did that thing where they were constantly jiggling the camera for dramatic affect and it made me dizzy. Other than that I think I would have watched that show regularly.

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I have heard of one or two of those shows, but truthfully, I hardly watch any TV anymore except for news and occasionally shows on the History Channel, Discovery or certain reruns of old sitcoms. My wife likes The Good Wife and I've watched it a time or two but I've just sort of lost interest in most of what television has to offer these days. Now one sitcom I have watched and liked is Big Bang Theory but I often miss it on Thursdays because of getting in late.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I saw my first hummingbird of the season this morning!!

:hurray:

4. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:iagree: :grouphug:Michelle:grouphug:

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Michelle, i am so very sorry to hear, my heart and my prayers are with you and your family :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Michelle, I am praying for peace...for your mom, you and your family. The last month of my little Mama's life was so hard to watch. I went from being sad and crying all the time and mad as fire that cancer had done that to her. It is hard but you will get through it bc you don't have a choice. That is finally what made me start to deal with it. Michelle, you are a strong woman. Just remember all of the strength your Mama has. You came from that. You're stronger than you think you are. Please let me know if I can help. You have my #. :grouphug:

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I saw one last week and then over the weekend. He/She has red on it's chest. Pretty!

8. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Feel like I'm in a no win situation. Ordered flowers from Harris teeter to do arrangements for my grandparents' 50th anniversary dinner because of the good prices. It wasn't until after they came in and i need to pick them up that they tell me the price will be double what they are in the store because they had to be special ordered. I can refuse to pay that much since I was quoted less, but they can just keep them and I'm out flowers. Or I can still get the flowers and have to pay double. Im so annoyed!!! Ugh!

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'd cancel the order with Harris Teeter based on their lack of pricing communication to you. Then I'd go to the Farmers Market and see if you can work a deal with any of the vendors that sell the cut flowers. Or vice versa, maybe go to the FM first and see if you can work a better deal, then tell HT to take a hike.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

11. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

ACC Baseball Championship @ DBAP

Just ordered REALLY good seats for my kiddo and his friends to go to the ACC Championship game next Sunday. I am so excited...can't wait to see his face!! (Hope he's as happy as I am!!) :-D

12. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

If i had time to go to the farmers marker, i would be there in a heart beat! I just went up the manager chain at Harris teeter, and got them to give me the price originally quoted. Then I found out that the roses came in in two different colors. They shouldn't be advertising themselves as a florist if they can't even get orders in correctly. I guess you get what you pay for, but i thought surely with the extensive list of flowers they offer and say they can get in bulk, they would be better than this! Beware, if you ever choose harris teeter for flowers!

13. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that Michelle,you and her will be in my thoughts! :grouphug:

14. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Sigh.... I am beat today.... brain fried .... exhausted with politics and just plain disappointed with people who claim to be doing things "for the kids," but it's more than obvious all about money ....

15. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

people who say it isn't are just lying to them selves.

16. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

/delete = nasty vent.

My weekend is not starting out on a good note. :evil:

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Right there with you nsane. So far, this year has been horrible and I see no end in sight. :banghead:

18. ServerSnapper

Well the clouds in the sky tell a story. It's gonna rain. But be thankful you have a place to sit out of the rain.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Go hug a unicorn or something.

20. ServerSnapper

Point me in that direction...Hell I'll &*$^ it.