GO SCOTTY!!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by grandma4, May 20, 2011.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Oh yeah!!!! :cheers:

2. alen

alen Well-Known Member

I'm with you guys...make it 4. She is WAY better than him.

3. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Since she's only 16 I think she has time to really get comfortable being a performer. Carrie Underwood was a great singer but wasn't the best performer on American Idol, but she's really come a long way. I also think Lauren look back at this season and hate what she wore most of the time! Hardly anything she wore was flattering. Everything was big and bulky and made her look big and bulky. She's a pretty girl too. I still think she has a bright future.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

No matter which one wins I'm pretty sure they're both going to have big futures. Just look at Chris Daughtry, what place did he finish... I don't think it was even 2nd was it?

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Scotty's been "doing Elvis" since he was three? He's been at it for a while. He's going to be more comfortable.

6. Allioop

I think some people are just way more comfortable on stage and performing than others. I wonder about all the people out there who have great singing talent but are too afraid to audition for AI or another show because of stage fright and the pressure of the competition. I do think Scotty is very comfortable on stage.

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Wearing my I'm hot for Scotty tee shirt.

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

woo hoo - so glad he won! :hurray:

9. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

so is Harvey

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I voted for Lauren but I must say.. I was happy to see Scotty win.

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

definitely one of the best finale shows I've seen over the years. I thought nothing would top KISS playing with Adam Lambert last year...but Judas Priest with James and Steven Tyler and Bono, definitely topped it.

oh yeah, all that and Tim McGraw...h a v e m e r c y that man is freakin' gorgeous!! I think he sang too. :p

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I haven't watched a finale ever til last night and I really enjoyed it except for that Gaga character. (I think the Black Eyed Peas need to give it up too). My favorite was of course Tim McGraw, but really like Bono, Steven Tyler and most of the rest. They will have a hard time topping that.

13. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Do they ever reveal the vote count for final?

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

If they limited it to one vote per person/phone line/e-mail account/etc. it might mean something for them to reveal the final tally. As it stands now by allowing multiple votes it is meaningless to give the final tally.

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

they said it was something over 1.2 million, but they don't usually say how many votes each contestant gets.

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I agree @ Lady Gaga :ack:. That was totally not appropriate for a family audience.

17. Allioop

Did Scotty and Lauren sing a duet last night? I skipped over some stuff and hope I didn't miss that. If they didn't, I wonder why not?

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I hate to point out what I found to be a negative because he really seems to have it all, Middle class family, church, talent, charisma, etc.
    But did anyone else see the interview after the show last night where Deborah Morgan was talking to his family? His mother wouldn't let his Dad or sister get a word in edgewise. Deborah would turn to the Dad, he'd get a word or two out and his Mom would step right in. She was really comfortable with the microphone, but come on Mrs. Scottys mom, let the others talk too.

19. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that his mother was with him the entire time in LA and his dad and sister made weekend trips. Mother probably knows more details of this part in Scotty's life.
    She also mentiond Scotty attending Belmont College in Nashville. Looks like a move in the near future!

20. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Yup I agree. There is no way he can live in Garner again unless it is a gated community somewhere (and they don't have one in Garner do they..). I love the fact that he won and I voted for him everytime, but it is kind of sad how much his life has changed. He wont go back to Garner High with his friends, he won't go back to playing on the baseball team. I love it for him but am sad on the fact that his life is no longer the same....