traffic attorney

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DeniseL, May 27, 2011.

1. DeniseL

DeniseL Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a good attorney for traffic tickets in Johnston County?

Thanks!

2. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Anthony W Hopkins; in Smithfield right near the courthouse. Google him up cuz I don't have the number handy.

3. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Unless you're in a heap of trouble or don't have the time, do it yourself.

4. Redneck Rich

I would usually agree but this Hopkins fella's fee was $30 more than the fee on my "driving award" so's I figured I'd save the petro and vacation time and let him go in my place.

5. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Well-Known Member

Yes Van Sauls........oh no wait he is in jail...nevermind

6. Redneck Rich

He must have a brother then cuz I coulda swore I seen him gettin a biscut at the store the other mornin

7. DeniseL

DeniseL Well-Known Member

Thanks, it has been a long time since I got any tickets. Do you know how much court costs are these days?

8. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Well-Known Member

Must have made bail!:jester:

9. Redneck Rich

... and had biscuit money left over!

10. Redneck Rich

My citation was $170 thanks to the new 4-way stop on Cornwallis. Appearently they want to see your neck jerk forward then backward before calling it a complete stop. Whatever

11. Centurian

Centurian Well-Known Member

Stop means "STOP".... Not a lot of room for interpretation unless the red signs are changed to read "slow down and look, but it's OK to keep rollin' if the coast is clear...but the coast AINT clear if a cop is watching you!"

Seriously, try to get it reduced yourself to something that will not show up on your insurance and pay the court costs. That will be much cheaper than hiring an attorney for a simple infraction citation.

12. Redneck Rich

The guy I hired got it dropped and I never had to show up for anything... I never even looked the dude in the face. Mailed him a check and never missed a minute of work. Worth the additional 30 bucks IMO.

Also, very aware of the rules but interpretation occurs all the time by law enforcement and this one was a bad call... but he had the badge and I wasn't going to challenge his authority or integrity.

First driving award I'd had in 17 years... caint a fella get a warning or something?

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  13. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

don't think he was looking for a friday lecture bub.

14. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Good grief, next you might actually try convencing that the speed limit is actually a "limit".

:lol:

15. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I second Anthony Hopkins. I had three charges, got two dropped and one reduced so no points on my license and no insurance points. I did not have to take time off work, he appeared on my behalf and court costs I think are around $125 these days