Recommendation washer dryer

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kdog, May 27, 2011.

1. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend if I should buy a regular front loader washer & Dryer or a steamer washer & dryer?

2. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

Sears Outlet center on Hwy 401 in Garner has all kinds at good prices!! They have all prices, the last time I was there they had about 100.

3. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

didn't ask for good pricing, asked for what type is good. If they're considering a steamer type than money may not be an issue.

4. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Thanks. Right now we are trying to figure out if the streamer function is worth it. HH Gregg has stremer Was & dryer $700 each.

5. BuzzMyMonkey

not sure if you can find much better pricing than Gregg, you can try and play hardball with them and get it lowered a lil more.

6. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Just FYI....everyone I know who has an LG front load washer has had trouble with it. The rubber that seals the door molds and mildews over time creating a horrible smell. There is actually a class action lawsuit ongoing to have them replaced with something that won't be so prone to molding. If you look at any LGs, make sur to ask about that. My mother loved her's at first until it started smelling. Now she is just hoping that LG comes up with a replacement part soon because after putting that much money into a washer and dryer, she doesn't have the money to buy a new set.

As far as steamer vs regular front loaders, I have no idea...sorry.

7. CAROLINA SUN

I don't really care if she asked, I offered the information and told her they had many different kinds so she could make a comparison. I was just trying to help her... Buzz your Monkey!!!

8. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

I have had a set of LG front loaders for a little over a year. We love them! We did not get the set with the steam, we figured we would not need it. We leave the washer door open when it is not in use, but we were told when we bought it that the seal is supposed to be resistant to those problems, that the issue is with other brands. If there is a class action lawsuit, I do not know about it.
    They hold a ton of clothes! And the dryer takes no time to run. I would buy a set again in a heartbeat!

9. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I have a set of LG washer and dryer; front load. Mine is a set that I probably need to leave the door open to let the inside dry because it really smells. Unfortunately it is located by the door from the garage so that is not possible. I will say though that the dryer is better than I would have ever wanted. Drying times are extremely short compaired to what I have had in the past.

10. BuzzMyMonkey

maybe she is a he ding bat

11. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

http://www.murrayfrank.com/CM/Custom/LG-Electronics.asp

This is the link to the lawsuit info. If you google "lg washing machine lawsuit" you can find more info. Keeping your door open is probably helping, but not everyone has an area where the washer can be left open. And I am telling you it smells bad when that thing mildews, not to mention the sanitation of it all. :ack:

12. CAROLINA SUN

Go drink your "HATER AID".... lol

13. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Thank You. The date of that lawsuit is 2008. We bought ours in 2010, so maybe the problem has been resolved. We were told that leaving it open was not necessary, but we have anyway, because we can. We were also told that the seal is antibacterial, so maybe they now have a different seal.

14. BuzzMyMonkey

ok stupid

15. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

We got this (but in white) and LOVE it.

Samsung 3.7 Cu. Ft. Front-Load Washer (Breakwater Blue) ENERGY STAR
    Item #: 327000 | Model #:WF330ANB

http://www.lowes.com/pd_327000-149-WF330ANB_4294857977+4294963507_4294937087_?productId=3203095&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Samsung_4294857977%2B4294963507_4294937087_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1&facetInfo=Samsung

yeah, we keep the door open on it. It washes well, holds a lot and has a sanitizing cycle as well as a bedding cycle. Samsung also has a very good manufacturers warranty on the product.

Personally, I don't think steam is needed for most things (though I'm sure there are a few things out there it would be nice). If you have someone in your home with a compromised immune system or severe allergies, I WOULD recommend it, but for the average Joe, no. Steam will sanitize your clothing more gently than the sanitize cycle on a regular machine will (so if everything you wear has to be sanitized steam is the way to go). So, if that is important to you for whatever reason, then go for it!

16. CAROLINA SUN

I agree, that's what I have and it gets 5 Stars!!!

17. CAROLINA SUN

:nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity:

18. BuzzMyMonkey

wouldn't of pegged you as a musician

19. CAROLINA SUN

You should be careful what you say to people. It may come back in your face. You know me!!!!
    :hurray:

20. BuzzMyMonkey

purty dog by thee way
    if that harmless comment rankled your skirt go get some couch time

Last edited: May 31, 2011