Eggs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by J34, Jun 1, 2011.

1. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

So, I was wondering...does anyone have any experience with Eggland's Best eggs behaving differently in cooking or baking applications rather than other store-bought eggs? Years ago when they first came on the market, my dad used to say he didn't like them for frying as much as regular eggs for some reason. I tend to use them if they are a decent price b/c there are generally coupons for them plus if the hype is to be believed they are better for you especially if you have cholesterol issues. Anyway, just wondering if they would affect especially baking.

Thanks!

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I didn't notice any difference ;)

3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

In my opinion its just a gimmick. I can't tell a difference. Just missing the good stuff.

4. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Change of Subject to Another Grocery Question

Somehow I felt like I should conserve posts and not start a new one. Anyone know if you HAVE to use HE detergent in front-load washers or if it is just recommended?

5. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

YES you do. If you do not. It will void your warranty. Standard detergents will become too soapy. They even make the cheap stuff in HE now.

We were told that anyway. Also was told not to use powders.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  6. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

sounds like i better steer clear of the non-he detergents like i have been since i got it. no biggie. i just wanted to make sure i wasn't getting duped...dooped...douped? no clue how to spell that word, but you know what i mean. :)

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I've read a lot of stuff online (the web is the truth and all knowing) ... only He detergents should be used in front loaders so that's what I use. I've even seen some fabric softeners getting in on the deal by putting He stickers on products. I don't know (or think) that the actual content has changed. Prolly just another way to make a buck.
    <--- skeptic.

Eggs.. DH prefers the health benefits of Eggland's Best. I prefer the price of the store brand. Lately, I compromise by buying brown organic, or what ever they are. ... they're pretty. ... They're just eggs. ...It's not a staple of my diet so my concern may be less than yours.