New area code coming to Triangle

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncmom, Jun 2, 2011.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

2. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

If I'm readin' it right it says we are gonna have to mash 10 digits now for local calls... even existing 919 numbers?

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Yes, because your next door neighbor might have a 984 number, and it'll still be a local call.

4. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Dang, something else to remember. Well as long as they don't mess with my beeper number I'll be cool.

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Nobody has a house phone anymore and programming a cell is easy. Change all your folks to 919 now and then you won't have to worry about it. All of mine were already entered with 919 prefixes.

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I love my majic jack....

7. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Nobody? :lol: We still have a home phone. But yeah, you're right, just program the number with the area code and all is well!

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Exactly! When i moved down here from MD 11 yrs ago they had already gone to the 10 digit dialing so i just automatically entered all my numbers in my cell with all 10 digits so i am all set:hurray:

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Still have one, though honetly don't know the last time I really used it, and it's not like I can use it if the power goes out. Atleast most of the cell towers have back-up generators so they can still be used in the event of a power outage.

10. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Yea I am seriously considering getting rid of my lan line come February 7th 2012 when my contract is up with TWC. Just ticked me off way too much. Plus also if the power goes out I lose service anyway. Figure get the Iphone through verizon. Most of the people I keep in contact with I have to punch in 10 digits anyway. I can just put it all in the cell phone and and set it and forget it.

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm getting ready to ditch my land line!

12. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Hey! This is a family place.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yes you can, we still have a phone thats not cordless, its just not plugged in anywhere right now.
    :)

14. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I use my land line a lot when I'm calling people from my house. It saves my cell phone battery.

Sort of off subject, what Verizon smart phone would y'all recommend? I saw they have the Droid, the Revolution and the Thunderbolt. What's the difference?

15. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

I use my land line all the time....I get crappy service in my house and would have to go outside everytime I needed to use the phone if I didn't have a land line.

16. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I ditched the land line about 6 years ago since I was only using it for local because long distance was included on my mobile plan.

Roughly $30 a month for 72 months = $2,160

Obviously the 911 factor is in play as well as the possible cancer risk from cell phones. There is always Skype as well if you want to make some free calls.

17. CraigSPL

[​IMG]

18. CraigSPL

And I couldn't tell you where the darned thing is either.

19. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Love our set it and forget it.

Over the last 15 years, we've gone through 4 of those and are on the 5th. Love cooking with it, food tastes great, and it's easy cleanup.

I get them from Ebay, where someone will get one as a gift, not realize really what they've got, and they put them on ebay brand new for ridiculously low prices. No retail for us...lol

as for landline phones....killed it a while ago. Went to online fax send/storage with trustfax so we had a toll free number...and finally dumped that...sendt 5 faxes a year, received about ten..now we just use Bulldog Express by FL off Glen Rd.

20. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Yea but you still have a rotary phone too. :lol: