Cool Andoid apps...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ServerSnapper, Jun 3, 2011.

1. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I downloaded a few apps I think are cool but have yet to try. If you have other cool apps post them here.

I like so far:
    Battery Doctor
    Shop Savvy Barcode Scanner
    Sonic Mosquito Repellent

2. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

scoremobile is the best sports app i've seen
    pandora is a must
    i heart radio
    wral

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Shazaam
    GasBuddy
    Redbox
    Scanner Radio
    Trapster
    Whoopie Cushion

4. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

That scanner is a good one. Particularly Chicago PD.

5. alen

alen Well-Known Member

Soundhound
    Roller
    Flip4Silence
    Accuweather

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Haven't downloaded many myself, but the ones I have and use are QR Droid, Spiceworks, Flying Saucer UFO app, and Pulse 102.

I have the Shopsavy and coupons but don't use them.

7. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

App killer is an app that shuts down tasks that are running. Everything you use continues to run on the phone even when you've exited the application. The phone runs faster when you "kill" those apps!

I also use shutterfly to store pics. The droid app is good for uploading your pics.

Score center from espn

Realtor.com and zillow if you are interested in houses for sale or rent in your area.

Words with friends ... One of my favorite new games.

Oh, and jog tracker is awesome if you walk, run, or bike. It uses gps to track your walk. It uses speed and other data to calculate calories burned, time your miles, and other neat stuff. It stores it all on an internet site so you can see all of your past data.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I have the app killer but I've heard conflicting info on whether this actually is needed with the new versions of Android. Apparently it was better suited for the first versions?

9. ServerSnapper

The battery app I posted will show apps that are running and will kill tasks at will. I like it.

My EVO slider battery does not maintain a charge very long. I have to charge it twice a day and that's without 4G enabled.

10. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I have the new version and you can see all the apps that are running and select the ones you'd like to kill. Idk if it saves battery or works faster because I've had it from day one, but my phone averages two days without having to be charged. My husband has Htc and it definitely makes his run faster.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ohhh...........thanks for that. Will check it out. I love my HTC now that I'm used to it (had a BB before).

12. CraigSPL

I too switched from a crackberry to the htc evo 4g and am happier now thta I have gotten used to the evo.....especially the screen size.

The only down side I've seen is I could go days without charging the bb, but have to charge the evo everynight if I use it heavily at work. thinking of getting an extended battery. The stock is 1500 mAh, and they offer a 1750 mAh that is the same size and uses the same cover all the way up to a 3500 mAh that comes with a new back cover that makes the phone about a 1/4" thicker.

13. ServerSnapper

Has anyone tried those new Duracell pads? I wonder how they work?

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah, the battery usage is pitiful, I agree that the BB was much better, that is my biggest issue with this phone. Those extended batteries are $$ though. :cheers:

15. ServerSnapper

The problem seems to be these HTC devices are really little computers. I use mine at work to. I can RDP into servers, I can console into switches, and even vnc to SLES servers. Lots of power in these so called phones. I guess I just answered my own question on the battery life.

16. alen

alen Well-Known Member

What are you using to RDP?

17. ServerSnapper

Android Tapp to find the apps, PC Remote Controller and Wyse Pocket Cloud. Not free.

For console I have a special cable ordered from Cables to go and I use Putty on the Android.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  18. CraigSPL

That's why myself and our IT guy have QR droid and Spiceworks. All of our machines/computers/etc. basically anything electronic gets a spiceworks generated qr barcode. All we do is scan the barcode and it pulls up the entire history of any of our equipment to help us trouble shoot issues or problems faster.