progress energy bill

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rntobe, Jan 15, 2010.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I run two air filters and a humidifier constantly and do laundry for two households a few times a week but my bill is usually around 80.00 a month. Advantage of apartment living. I pay 100.00 a month so I believe I'm paid up a few months in advance right now. always good to be ready in case the ca ca hits the fan which as we all know it can happen at any given moment.

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

? for all you PE residents

I'm buying a house, and I'm going to have the electricity turned over to my name. What is the average cost of getting it turned into my name (I've never had electric in my name prior, so I assume I'd need a deposit or something.)

I looked online and it said 447 bucks, which to me is outrageous....could this be true? or did I do something wrong?

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I believe that if you have had established credit history with them, they base their deposit on that. If you've never had an account with them, I think it is a sizable deposit based on history of the power usage at that house. I do know that it is refundable after a certain amount of time.

4. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Let me go ahead and warn everyone....it's hot now so assuming you have A/C (and you're using it) your bill is going to be higher.

Just reminding those who claim this stuff happens without warning. :lol:

5. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Does someone need to come and swap out your heating element for you NSANE? Two cycles. Wow.

6. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

if you have good enough credit them you dont need a deposit. when we moved here we paid no deposit at the first and second house.

7. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Nsanemom22, our dryer was doing the same thing and I discovered that it had been pushed too far back, or vibrated itself back towards the wall and crushed the flexible vent tube that hooks from the dryer to the wall vent opening (see how technical I am?:lol:) Once I scooted the drier back out the drier worked great again. You might just do a quick check to make sure it's not one of these simple fixes ^.

8. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

If you have the hose vent "screen" type cover on the outside wall, and not the door type, change it out. They get lint buildup in the screen and it blocks it. The screen hole size is also large enough to let a wasp in. I fixed one last month that had 3 wasp nests in the hose at the outside wall. For the best of me I don't see how they could stand the heat?

9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's a good tip, except it vents out the roof, not to the outside wall. Again, so stupid. I've never had a house with the laundry room set up this way and didn't know it would be such a PITA. DH will have to get a 30 ft ladder to get up there.

11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Mine is on the roof as well.

12. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

13. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Old thread, I know, but most appropriate.

I rec'd a letter from PE stating that I have been chosen to participate in an exciting new Home Energy Reports program. While, I wouldn't call it exciting, it is kind of interesting to see these reports. It compares me to 100 of my similar neighbors and shows how energy efficient I am. This is a good way to help people see how they can save money and energy (friendly competition, I suppose). You don't get anything in this program except the reports. I am #16 out of 100 and I use 38% less than my neighbors.

My question: Is PE blowing sunshine up my butt? Did anyone else get these letters?

14. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I got one. twice. :)

15. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

No letter here but I'd be at the bottom of the list and I know it. They don't take into account the capacity in the home. LOL. 10 of us currently living here. 12 to 15 kids here during the day everyday. We live in the dark most of the time and thermostat is at 78. Still, last bill was $371. All energy efficient appliances. FRankly, I don't think it makes a bit of difference. I know for a fact, our light bulb change didn't do a single thing. Stupid bulbs cost WAY more and saved us nothing in regards to bill change. We have an older home which doesn't help much I'm sure. It needs all new windows. If I were to get one of those letters, I would just simply have to laugh. Now, if they ever were to factor in a per person column, I think we'd be doing okay.

Stephanie-- mom to 7 (soon to be 10!!!)

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

$111.33 8)