Waste Industries is still crappy

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by keemom, Jun 4, 2011.

1. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Apparently they have the same horrible service that made me switch to Advantage to begin with. My garbage did not get picked up yesterday, neither did my fathers. Anyone else still have garbage sitting at their house? I plan on telling them that for every week they don't get to my house, my bill will go down. I'm sure they won't like that!

2. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Friday is my regular pick up day, but since we had the Memorial Day holiday on Monday, it didn't get picked up until today.

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

According to their website (and Advantage's), all pickups were a day late this week because of Memorial Day.

4. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Each quarter when we received our bill from Advantage, it listed the upcoming holidays for the next quarter and noted whether service would be delayed or on it's usual schedule.

5. elims

elims Well-Known Member

My pickup day was Friday, thankfully I left it sitting by the curb cuz it got picked up yesterday. Didnt realize they were running a day late. I'll have to check their schedule to see how often they do this (which holidays).

6. gillac

gillac Well-Known Member

Same with us. It took me a minute to remember why it was still sitting my the curb late on Friday, but it was gone Saturday! They do list the schedule changes in the bill and on the website as everyone else has said.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

This is the second time since they took over that I've not been picked up on my scheduled day. I don't ever recall my trash not being picked up on a Friday because of a Monday holiday with Advantage. I still hate Waste Industries and left them a message telling them that. I stayed on hold for almost 30 minutes Friday afternoon and never got a real person. It will be interesting to see how long before they raise the rates...but I doubt I'll stick with them long enough to find out.

8. gillac

gillac Well-Known Member

With Advantage, our trash was always delayed one day during a holiday week.

But, I agree about the rates. I imagine the next bill will have some type of increase.

9. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Where I live they haven't picked up a dumpster because a truck has been parked a space away from it. Now the junk is over the top.

10. alen

alen Well-Known Member

Won't be long and they'll be the only game in town. :(

11. Why not just move to another dumpster? :lol:

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

My trash guy normally comes in the morning and no ones come yet? :?

Nevermind, they just came

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  13. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Two words... Dilly Bars

Few weeks ago I was on the porch eatin' one or three of them dilly bars from DQ and gave one to the trash man... he aint been late ever since. But he did show up on Friday instead of Thursday last week.

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I didn't take you as the Dilly Bar type. Now if you gave him a camo Popsicle I might believe you.

15. Redneck Rich

I get my dang dillys by the box. Frozen chocolate layers over a smooth ice cream filling knows no social boundries... including rednecks and trash men.

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I love you. I mean seriously, I love you....

17. Redneck Rich

Is it my love fer chocolate or my keen ability to relate to the trash man on a personal level?

18. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

For those of you that just got switched to Waste....there's a new bill in the mail. I'm going through my old Advantage statements now. I'm pretty sure I don't owe a dime yet!!!

19. gillac

gillac Well-Known Member

Our bill was in the mail today. I was expecting it anytime. I was quite surprised there was no increase. Next quarter, I'm sure.

Also, according to their website they bill: Billing Due Dates: Jan 1 April 1 July 1 Oct 1

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

ding ding ding... we got our WI bill today too. It seems about right as far as timing, we paid quarterly with Advantage, so I would have a bill due July 1.
    My rate is still $60, but I'm not in any hurry to pay them since I haven't decided if I'm staying with them.