Seatbelt Ticket

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CanisLupis, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Has the city limits of Clayton moved out far enough yet for the CPD to start hanging around the 42/70 Bypass interchange yet?

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

The new Johnston Health Center on NC west of Clayton is in the city limits.

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

You misunderstand....I'm trying to get something dropped.....not get charges piled on! :lol:

4. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

In answer to your original question, Yes, show up and fight it.
    Just on the principle of it.

5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

seriously, go prepared. Put on the same shirt and get in car buckle up and snap pics, close up and from the distance cop was. Was he sitting or riding? Request his eye sight strength. He may not have that sharp of vision to see clearly if someone has seatbelt on based on conditions. He should have to prove himself as much as you do.

6. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

:arrow:
    Good luck with that. Sorry for the cynical outlook but our experience with the jester's court in Johnston County proved that the DA and judges don't even want to hear what you have to say. Guilty till proven innocent is the way this county operates, despite any proof you may have. So happy to hear that the PD can just make up charges now knowing they will stick. Great example for our youth-and we wonder why they have little respect for law enforcement!

7. Buc

Buc Well-Known Member

Just another bored cop with nothing better to do than write a seatbelt ticket. Nothing but a revenue scam. Yes, fight it!!!!

8. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I hate to burst your bubbles. But the radar system in these cars have a little red light that shows if your seat belt is on and locks in on your cars electronic signature. If your seat belt is off this light will be on. Seat belt on...light is off. Ask any POPO. They will tell you. It is not a moving violation. It can be thrown out. Just talk to DA. If nothing in the last three years it can be thrown out.

seriously

9. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

I asked my cop friend. He said fight it. You'll win. It's an inconvenience but you don't want it on your record.

10. wadespeed1

wadespeed1 Active Member

Just tell the judge that you can prove that the officer wasn't wearing his seatbelt prior to or after the citation was written.

FWIW, I drove through downtown Clayton this morning and the Cycle Cops were swarming in a big way. I thought one was going to drive through my driver side door at an intersection. Come to think of it, he ran the red light. What a bunch of maroons.

11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I just ran this by a SHP and he said you need to put down the crack pipe. He was still laughing when we hung up the phone.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I was sitting here going WTH?? Good lord!! :lol::lol::lol:

13. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

you really are related to Harvey

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I actually got one of these a few years ago when going through a license check. Clayton's finest asked the dumbest question "Why aren't you wearing yourseat?" my response "because I didn't put it on"

He didn't exactly like my response, but all he could do was write the ticket for the seatbelt.

15. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

That's right...forgot about them moving it out. I'd think that would be close enough for Clayton PD to do some overpass traffic enforcement from the 42 interchange. The speed limit through there is 70, but the tolerances for speeding is going to be lower since the penalties increase if caught going over 80. If they aren't working the area, I'd imagine they will be soon. Maybe they don't have Hemis in their Chargers just yet.

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I call BS-

Back to reality -
    Clayton PD was swarming this morning. I went to CMS for the 7th grade awards this morning. Driving from 70 up 42 towards Guy road I saw two motorcycle cops and three in cars. The bike cops were driving like kamikaze's, weaving in and out, U turns, etc they sure do consider themselves special.

17. ServerSnapper

Yeah I know. I made it up. Chess is a fun game.

18. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

:roll:

19. ServerSnapper

You and Jan Brady(Fat Jan Brady) are predictable.

20. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned