Raleigh middle school student accused of extortion

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncmom, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Where is the responsibility, too, on the girls who gave the photos to the boy in the first place? If you don't want them passed around and posted, you shouldn't be giving them out in the first place.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9689945/

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Where were the parents in this? It's apparent that none of the girls felt that they could go to a parent for help or guidance. What's wrong with this picture? (no pun intended)

3. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

That was the middle I school I went to...way back when...

Did the girls give him the pictures? I was wondering how/where he got them? If they did give them to him, what did they expect would happen?!

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

It's an epidemic in middle school and HS. Sexting. Can't take back a picture you sent to someone. This gets back to parents wanting to be friends with their children instead of a parent. If they take his phones and computer I feel they should also takes the girls phones to see if they initiated this. It's sort of like having sex and saying no afterwards....then it's rape.

5. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I love irony. :lol:

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

What is wrong with young ladies these days? Really?! Did you not think he was gonna plaster your photo everywhere. I find it hard to sympathize with the girls in this case.

7. Buc

Buc Well-Known Member

It's obvious that parents cannot or will not "parent" their kids when it comes to cell phones with cameras. So unfortunately it looks like more governemnt regulations will become necessary. Kids under 18, or still in high school, do not need cell phones with texting or camera capabilities. The only reason for a kid to have a phone is to make phone calls! If that was the case this kind of crap would be greatly reduced if not eliminated.

Just my opinion.

8. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Here is another story with a little more info. Was she physically forced to take nude photos of herself and give them to the boy? It doesn't sound like it. Yes, it sounds like once he had the photo(s) he tried to extort her.