Come get some ice cream

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Just a heads up as I am trying to spread the word for my kids. My kids are having an ice cream fundraiser in our driveway tomorrow starting at noon till about 2pm. They are trying to raise money for the orphanages we will be visiting next week. One of the orphanages is really poor & desperately needs help w/ the basics. Let's put it this way....my daughter's orphanage was poor in Russia. They used newspaper for toilet paper and had shoes 3 sizes too small. This one from what I'm gathering is in worse shape. We had been collecting on our website asking for people to give ONE time a donation of $2 or $4. We were trying to raise $2000 in order to help two separate orphanages w/ basic supplies & repairs. We've collected $897 thus far.

So, the kids want to help out b/c they know exactly what it is like to live like that. They have decided to sell ice cream tomorrow. We live in Southills Subdivision off Cornwallis Rd. So, come out and cool off w/ some great ice cream. These are good Humor bars, ice cream sandwiches and stuff like that. No baked goods as everything would melt for the most part. Drinks will also be sold...canned sodas. If you can, come cool off w/ a great treat. Thanks in advance. And, FYI, this subdivision is having quite a few yardsales tomorrow if anyone is interested. Hope to see some of you all here tomorrow. If just passing through, at least stop & tell the kids great job. They would love to hear it. Oh, we are flying out next Saturday, June 11th & will be hand carrying any supplies to the orphanages ourselves. 100% of donations go directly to the children. Thanks.

Stephanie-- mom to 7 (soon to be 10!)

2. FLai

FLai Active Member

Sorry - missed this

I just saw this post. Please let me know when you have another. Also, could you let me know the orphanage? My husband and I are interested in adopting.

THANK YOU!!!

3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Try "The Childrens Home Society of North Carolina". Based in Greensboro.

4. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Sorry, Stephanie ... I completely missed your post til just now. Don't know how I missed it, love me some ice cream! ;)

5. Abdulina

Write me privately at boydbunch@gmail.com. We leave this Saturday for Bulgaria. Have plenty of info on adoption both domestic, foster care & international as I'm an adoption advocate. Write in the subject line: adoption. I most likely won't be able to answer for another 2 weeks as we'll be gone 10 days. We also have a blog that you can follow along this nutty journey if you'd like. I'll definitely let you know when we have another fundraiser.

6. Abdulina

Thanks. I saw a few 4042'ers which was neat. We are at $1146 currently. We leave Saturday. Going to a very poor orphanage that really does need help w/ the basics. We'll be doing a few more fundraisers once home as our airfare for the trip home next time will be anywhere from $10K to $15K. Insanity! So any ideas, throw them my way. Thanks for the support.