What book are you reading?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Nov 28, 2007.

1. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Just finished Heaven is for Real... WOW! What a story!! :hurray:

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Me too...just finished it this morning! Yup, tears and laughter, especially one of the last sentences when they were trying to figure out what to title the book. Makes one think.

3. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Oh I loved that part too. I truly cried also when reading the book. It was just an amazing story, and I cried when I read about "Pop being at the family church" before the accident. Great story and so uplifting!

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I just finished Under The Dome by Stephen King. I could not put this book down. It was some of his best work, IMO.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That one was great. :cheers: I did nothing else for about a week, before I went back to work LOL. Good stuff.

6. steve

steve Well-Known Member

The History Of God.

7. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I am in the middle of reading People Of The Book. I just love it, it is very different than anything I have read before, even as far as how the storyline is set up. And I feel like I am learning quite a bit in the process. I always feel like a book is a really great book if I feel a little richer for having read it. This is a great book! I would recommend it for it's writing style alone for anyone who enjoyed books like Water For Elephants, Hotel On The Corner Of Bitter And Sweet, or even those that enjoy the detailed descriptions in the style of Jodi Picoult, or Alice Hoffman.

8. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

Just finished The Confession BY John Grisham. Loved it!

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

great, now i know what book to download next to read:hurray:

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Hope you have plenty of room, that sucker was over a thousand pages!

Steve, details?

11. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

North by Northwestern

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

you are exactly right, once i started reading it through my phone, i could not stop - it was a great book and i got the idea to download it from this thread. So what next?

13. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Nikki Sixx - This is gonna hurt

14. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Boy's Life- Feb 1989

15. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Finishing "South of Broad", by Pat Conroy, one of the best Southern writers ever.

16. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Water for Elephants....

not my favorite...definitely not a stay up all night to finish book. I hope the movie is better.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've tried to slog through it but didn't get very far. Not impressed. I think the movie will suck. :lol:

18. Allioop

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I kept thinking...when is this going to get better?! I don't even know if I'll finish it.

19. Allioop

Anyone recommend a "light" or funny read for the beach?

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I haven't gone back through the thread.........but have you read "The Help". I thought it was funny and am looking forward to the movie. I don't generally "do" funny books though, I prefer mysteries, legal thrillers or Stephen King/Dean Koontz, etc.

I've recently gotten into Michael Connelly thanks to The Lincoln Lawyer and am enjoying them. He's prolific, so I have quite a few yet to read. I tend to find an author and then read every single thing they've written.

I love Sue Grafton (those don't take a lot to follow and Patricia Cornwell (the last one sucked though) and the like.