Nosestud as an religious symbol

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Sep 10, 2010.

1. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

so no answer to my earlier question ?

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Good luck with that. I asked him point blank questions earlier in this thread that were never answered. He only preaches to the board when it suits his purposes.

3. BuzzMyMonkey

thats a shame

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Yep. :hurray:

5. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Well-Known Member

No use giving him a reasonable argument, Hat6 would gladly give this girl all the money in the school system meant for your kid’s education to protect this girl's "religious beliefs". I think Hat6 should go to the "church" and hang by the meat hooks and give us a report so we can be more compassionate and understanding!

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Why all the hating on HAT?

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

You feeling left out?

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

As I stated early in the thread, unless the school also kept kids from wearing crucifixion jewelry/rosaries, I also felt the schools had a losing case and in that case I agree with Hat and the school system flushed the money unnecessarily. No one to blame but themselves!

9. BuzzMyMonkey

yeah but they aren't wearing them in their nose

10. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I am the biggest supporter of public school education that I know. I volunteer at a local elementary school. My spouse is a career teacher in public school.

I'm all for providing the resources for education. I'm not for the powers that be deciding to spend precious funding on matters that should have never gotten to the court level.

The First Amendment is not a 'pick and choose' which religious beliefs are protected and others denied right. It is a numerated right that exists to protect the religious views of all, not the few, the well established, the main stream.

11. BuzzMyMonkey

Good address my earlier question already.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Why does that matter? I could careless if they are stuck in their butthole, either you ban it all or none.

13. ServerSnapper

ok...I chuckled at that.

14. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

Wonder what the poor thing will do when she has a boss that doesn't allow a nosestud?? Mama might not be able to baby her than.

15. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

You liberals **** me off with this crap. Its that attitude that has our society in the mess it is in. Maybe they should ban earrings too, but they aren't banned, these are. Follow the rules or find a school that doesn't have rules you disagree with, then pay for your child to go to that school. If you want the rule changed go to the school board and plead your case, but don't just disobey the rule.

16. ServerSnapper

Like a charter school? :lol:

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My point was and is - apply the rules consistently - if you don't you fail!

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

They were applied, this kid and her parents chose to break the rules.

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

So did the School. IMO and a number of other folks.

20. BuzzMyMonkey

No the school didn't. Lets go this way. What if a girl showed up in a mini skirt??
    A skirt is a skirt right? Just like you are saying jewelry is jewelry and you can't pick and choose which is right and which is wrong.

Where is the ACLU voicing their displeasure with religion being used here like they have in other cases?