Prayers for Joyce

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Jun 8, 2011.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

So my friend of 20+ years could really use some prayers right now...

She's back at Johnston Memorial Hospital, just had her foot amputated (she had the other one taken off last year) from complications from diabetes. She just lost her mom in April, her grandpa a month before that and her cousin was one of the boys killed in that horrible car accident in Wake Forest.

She's been in and out of the hospital and nursing homes for the past 16 months going through 9 surgeries. I know this is taken a huge toll on her husband, and her son who is 11 years old.

Unfortunately, her lack of vistors has dropped. I know she feels alone and is horribly depressed. I'm going to go see her on Friday and I would love to be able to tell her the 4042 board is praying for her.

If you can pray for my friend Joyce and her family, I would greatly appreciate it.

She's only 37 years old.

Thanks everyone!

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Sounds like she has really had it rough! I will certainly being praying for her! :grouphug:

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Good gracious, that girl has been through the wringer.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Wow, that's truly awful. Thoughts and prayers for strength for her and her family.

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I am definitely praying for her. I know the Big Man doesn't give us more than we can handle but this poor lady has been tested to the max! Remind her that we are all God's children therefore we are all brothers and sisters in His eyes...so, she has lots of 4042 brothers and sisters thinking of her. Also, remember Footprints....allow Him to carry you when you need it. :) Praying for her family as well.

6. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Wow and to think of all the petty things most of us tend to fuss about on any given day. This woman has endured some *real* trials!!! I'll be praying for her and her family.

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Sending prayers up right now. :grouphug:

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Many thoughts and prayers being sent for her recovery, and condolensces to her and her family on the loss of her cousin.

:grouphug:

9. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Amen to this. I refuse to complain about anything today. My prayers are with Joyce.

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You got it! :grouphug::grouphug:

11. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Oh my! I feel SO awful for even remotely complaining about what I have to do today. Tell her I'm sure she has put many lives her in perspective. Will be praying for her and her family.

Take care,

Stephanie-- mom to 7 (soon to be 10!)

12. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

And I thought I was having a bad day. Guess not.

Thoughts & prayers for Joyce and family.

13. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone!! I know this will mean alot to her, she needs every little prayer she can get right now to give her strength to go through this!

BIG THANKS!!

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family:grouphug:

15. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

I will also keep Joyce in my prayers. Sometimes it takes a post like yours to wake us all up and realize how good we do have it.

16. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!