Camera lens repair

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by LovingLife10, Jun 9, 2011.

1. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Since you all have been abundantly informative for me this week, i though you might be able to help me with this one....

My 17 month old twins who manage to get into everything we think they can't just got tall enough to barely reach the counter tops. My nikon DSLR strap was just in their reach, and they pulled it off of the counter. After it crashed to the floor, i checked for damage. Basically, the zoom mechanism developed a tight spot and eventually got stuck in one position. Now the camera won't take a picture with that lens. I believe the zoom is just off track inside the lens. Finally to my question....does anyone know of a local camera lens repair person?

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

for all my camera needs I go to Peace Camera
    421 West Peace Street
    Raleigh NC 27603
    1-919-836-2222
    peacecamera.com

They are on Peace St between Capital and the train tracks

3. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Peace Camera...+1

4. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

I LOVE the people at Southeastern Camera! Great group of people too and we buy all of our photography items there. They allow you to rent lenses too if you ever want to have a fun family photo shoot or things like this. When we did a wedding we rented an extra lens with an awesome f-stop... (even though I know this is not about repairs but they do a great job with this too) LOL