Another Humanitarian Plea for Donations...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Jun 7, 2011.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I know, I know, I am always coming to you guys asking for something... :)

As many of you know, my oldest daughter and I will be traveling to Guatemala this summer on a missions trip. While there, we'll be building a home for a single mother, and providing a medical area for a village that has no doctor, hospital, or health care professionals.

This is our first trip, and we are beyond excited.

I need to collect as many of the following things as you might have to donate. I will be happy to meet you somewhere to pick them up!

Blow-pops (our team has been asked to bring 1000)
    Beanie Babies (they don't have to be TY brand, just the same general thing)
    Supplies for personal hygeine kits (travel sized toothpaste, shampoo, soap, toothpaste, washcloths, etc)

If you don't have any of the above, I will be more than happy to accept a cash donation and purchase them myself, and mail/fax you a copy of the receipt!

Thank you for considering our cause!

2. mvenito@nc.rr.com

mvenito@nc.rr.com Well-Known Member

Hey Jenn
    I can get a bag of stuff together for you. Where should I drop it off. :)

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I have beanie baby type stuffed toys ... let me put together a box for ya! I used to collect them, intended on selling them or something .. I don't know .. I needed a distraction at the time ... now, would love to see them go to a good cause!
    Can I run them over this weekend sometime? (Prolly Sunday ... volunteering at Race for the Cure on Sat, then going to the gem and mineral show at the fairgrounds)

4. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

I too have several (a small box full) beanie babies that you are more than welcome to have.

5. JenniferK

Mvenito, I can come by the shop if that's easier! Just let me know when!

Elims, yes ma'am. We haven't moved! :)

Rcarp, when do you want to get together?

6. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

I can drop them off this weekend sometime. If you are not home, I can put the on the front porch.

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Nod - ditto. I've dug out a box of about 50 beanie babies so far ... I know I have more around here somewhere. Everything from dogs and cats and horses to frogs to ducks to rhinos to dinosaurs to dragons to spiders and snakes and bunnies and turkeys and dolphins and ... well ... a lot. If no one is home, I'll just leave the box. :)

8. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I have travel size shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soaps.

9. JenniferK

Rcarp and Elims, y'all are the bomb. I should be home on Sunday all day except for church.

Marie, when can we get together?

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

My bags ready for you. :mrgreen:

11. JenniferK

K, I couldn't get by there yesterday, but I might be able to come by tonight on the way to the church. I have to pick up Mini Me from your old neighbors house, so I'll be down that way anyway. You gonna be home late afternoon/early evening?

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yeah just call me. I'm supposed to meet the other 4042er about the clothes after she gets off work.

So... just call me I'll be close or at home

13. ZUMBAbyMARIE

Are you close to 42 and Rock Service Station? I'll get everything together tonight.

14. JenniferK

I'm close to 42/40?

15. ZUMBAbyMARIE

I finished getting everything together this morning. I'll bring it all to Zumba tonight if you want to pick it up, or I can meet you sometime tomorrow.

16. ZUMBAbyMARIE

I'll be at the 40/42 Curves today from 6-6:30 if you want to come and pick up the donation. You can come before class or after. I'll put them in my car before I leave.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  17. JenniferK

Marie, so sorry...just saw this. Are you going to be there again today?

18. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Jennifer, when is the last chance to bring you this stuff? I didn't get by there this weekend, but will bring them by sometime this week or weekend.

19. ZUMBAbyMARIE

Hi Jen,

Tonight I teach at New Hope from 6:45-7:40. I'll be there at 6:30 if you want to stop and pick them up.

20. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Running over today ... escaping house-cleaning and chores!! Will leave box on the front step if no one is home!