A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Sunshine Time. :mrgreen:

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I have heartburn and haven't even had lunch yet!! Taco Bell it is!

By the way. Gas on 401 in Garner and in Fuquay 3.49 a Gal.

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Nobody told me today was Monday #2 this week.....I want to skip straight to Friday after the morning I've had.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

it's 3.47 at BJ's at White Oak

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I believe it was $3.43 in the vicinity of Sam's Club last night. Hope those prices migrate up to Clayton.

6. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

What a gorgeous day! I'm loving this weather.

7. ServerSnapper

It ****es me off. Not even a mile up the road it's 3.69 but a mile from there it's 3.49. How can they get away with that?

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Capitalism! Thought you were for it? I am!

9. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Unless someone is making you get gas at the higher priced station, nobody is getting away with anything.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

$3.44 for me at Lowes Foods at 42/50 with my rewards card. :mrgreen:

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

anyone seen any cucumber plants around lately? The critters wiped out my first crop but that problem has been solved so now i need some more plants to put in the ground - really don't want to have to start from seed this late in the game. i checked at ACE Hardware and Ken's but no luck, all kinds of other plants but no cucumber:cry:

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They had some left down at Hudsons Hardware in Clayton (across from McDonalds on Amelia Church Rd.) yesterday. They were marked down to $1 or $1.99 for a 4-pack, and looking a little weathered, but with some TLC I bet they would bounce back.

13. Allioop

I'm trying to teach my daughter to play the piano. She doesn't want to practice scales. She wants to skip straight to Beethoven. This is going to be a long summer.

:jester:

14. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

It's such a beautiful day! :)

15. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

My son has been taking piano for about four years and just finished his third recital. He's not 'super' passionate about it, but doesn't begrudge it either. I can tell he takes pleasure in it. His teacher is very inspiring, nice and patient with him and encourages us to not push too hard so that he gets burned out. Actually, he started talking about piano when he was 4.5 years old but we waited until he was six to get him started.

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

woohoo, got my cuke plants. Saw the plant truck pulling away from Ace Hardware and went straight over there and got them:hurray:

17. ServerSnapper

Heading to Florida Thursday night. Going to see some family and hit Sea World. Anyone from Longwood? Wife is taking me out to play. I need some good Golf Courses for Southern Rappers.

18. Allioop

Could you PM the name of his teacher? I took piano lessons from the time I was 5 or 6 up until middle school. I had a really good teacher too. She was nice and patient but had specific expectations for me. She even let me go to competitions at Meredith College, which made me nervous. I had to practice so much. My daughter is 9 and I can already tell she's more impatient than I was with practicing. Maybe she'd do better with someone she doesn't know. I'm not going to force her to do it though. I just thought it would be nice for her to able to read music. I quit after middle school and never got really good, but I love to be able read music and play for fun now. It's like riding a bike. I never forget unless it's a real difficult song.

19. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

years ago i went to the island of st maarten with my brother. we heard it was popular to go to this spot on the beach that was close to the airport to watch the Air France 747 take off or land. We both work for an airline so this sounded fun to us. The island is so small and the runway is so short you think there is no way the plane is going to make it.
    Today on Yahoo News some pics of this were posted. I thought I would share the link. There is a sign that says not to stand too close or you will be hit by the jet blast. We watched this guy ignore the sign. He stood on the retaining wall with his video camera. When the plane fired its engines he was blasted off the wall in to the sand on the beach! (he wasn't hurt) It was heeeelarious!!!!
    I wish I had my camera rolling on him!

Here is the link:
    http://beta.news.yahoo.com/photos/maho-beach-1308165446-slideshow/

DB's wife

20. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Why did I bother getting up this morning?