Road block on Barber Mill Rd.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jun 14, 2011.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Just came back from driving down Barber Mill,Police had a road block set up near the bridge,had a guy pulled over that was being padded down.

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

padded... were they taking him to a padded cell at the funny-farm?

(patted??)

LOL :jester:

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:lol:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  4. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

They must be targeting some of the busy secondary roads. Last week they had a roadblock on Little Creek Church Road for several hours and had at least 6-7 sheriff cars on duty there. Hubby said all they asked for was driver's license so we figure they were either looking for unlicensed drivers or for someone in particular.

5. Tator2011

Tator2011 Member

Pretty busy. I was on Josephine Road around 9:30am and they had a road block. There were several deputies. The news had said that they would be out this week. The officer was friendly and they just checked driver's license.

6. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I am glad to see it. Just pick up the Clayton News Star and look under the citations-sick of seeing how many people are driving either without a license or with a license revoked. I wish they would post a sheriff daily on our road to catch the jerks who think THEY are allowed to pass cars on a solid double yellow line, or drive 70 in a 55 despite the dangerous curves and blind spots.

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Luv,

I understand your feelings, and agree with them. Yet another discussion on this board is finding a way to reduce the fine of a ticket or get out of it entirely.
    I'm sure the LEOs have an idea as to how many tickets they write, how many times they go to court for the ticket, and see the actual offense adjudicated. (I'm betting the number of speeding tickets issued versus adjudged is probably 6-1). The other 5 are bargained down, so there's no real fine or incentive to modify behavior.

9. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

if you drive big trucks, stay off the major roads. DMV inspections everywhere I've been lately.

10. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. We don't have a legal system, we have a revenue system. What you're seeing in Johnston County this week is a fundraiser.

11. On the go

On the go Well-Known Member

It was his time of the month.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I was doing a transportation assessment the other day and we all just watched an Enforcement Officer wait across the street for the next truck to come out.

It was like the Police parking across from the bar, except this choked off productivity across the board, no one wanted to pull out.

13. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Federal and state laws get stricter on big truck drivers starting in July 2011. One will see many trucks pulled over due to this. Troopers will be doing a basic inspection of the big rigs and all paperwork the driver has. I'm kind of glad to see this going into place.

Truckers and the companies they work for will not get "fined" for each infraction but points will build up towards a fine and getting audited.

Sherry

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Problem is we are having a severe driver shortage right now and I only see it getting worse. Diesel isn't going to be the only outrageous transportation cost in the future.

That said, some of these drivers have no business hauling Hazardous Materials.