Police chase

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jun 17, 2011.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

2. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

3. AnnetteL

I just can't see the point of a police chase and subsequent death all because of a invalid license plate!
    Surprisingly the woman and kids in the SUV were not seriously hurt since the guy on the motorcycle hit them head on.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  4. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

so why'd he run if all he did wrong was a suspicious license plate? if you let them know you won't chase them, more will run, and for lesser offenses. this thread already smells of "let's blame the cops and ban chases"....

5. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Why did he run on a simple 'fix it' ticket? Should LEOs let everyone that runs go free?

No one won in this situation, but in this case the fault is with the violator, not the police.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

So an idiot not smart enough to pull over got himself killed................................AND?? I'm sorry, I don't feel the least bit sorry for him. I'm just glad he only killed himself and no one else. It's pretty simple, lights and sirens mean you pull over. End of story for anyone with a brain.

7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

+1

8. fooser

fooser Active Member

I'm sure the motorcycle was equipped with "BRAKES" ....he had a choice...

9. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

this was my thought, but then i opted for the rolling eyes :lol::cheers:

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

11. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

great example of lack of accountability on your part,

12. 26.2

26.2 Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

I don't see a way to improve on this post.

13. AnnetteL

I agree with you actually seeing it from that perspective.
    I don't feel sorry for him either,never did.

14. AnnetteL

The point that I was trying to make was that I don't think it's worth risking the lives of other drivers to chase after someone with an invalid license plate!

15. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

But look at it from the cop's point of view: a routine stop, a fix-it ticket, and the guy takes off. Should he just shrug his shoulders and go back to watching traffic or should he assume that this guy has more than a ticket on his mind?

I'm not entirely disagreeing with you- the runner is dead and civilians were put at risk- but this is probably not the outcome the cop was looking for either.

peace.

16. AnnetteL

See your point as well as that of the cop! My concern was all along for the innocent by standers/drivers not the motorcyclist.

17. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

As a former LEO I can tell you chases are monitored very closely and Raleigh in particular has a very riggerous chase policy.

In my career pulled a truck over for a seatbelt ticket. The guy at first was fine but when my check-in showed up, he put the truck in gear and off he went. With some peopls thinking I would have said, oh well I have his plate and I can track him down.

But during the chase, it was determined that the person running was wanted oout of another state for kidnapping. Had just shrugged it off and let him go we may never have caught him because the tags were also ficticiuos.

It takes (at least used to) time to run out-of-state wants and warrants, etc. LEO's are trained for chases and will tragic accidents happen, Yes, but at the same time if LEO will not chase then they may never catch that person that is wanted for kidnapping or who may have just committed a worse crime but it has not been discovered yet.

Just have an open mind people.