Johnson's Family Pharmacy

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 14, 2011.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

yep, my dd had to have a compounded drug for awhile and when I went to Medicap, at first Lance said he couldn't do it (there are different 'levels' of compounding). But Lance is SO nice that he found one in Wake Forest that could do it, and they would courier it over to the medicap @ 4042 for me!

(hers was a pretty rare one - even Blue Ridge couldn't do it....)

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

just heard the other day that Tom Jones in Garner shut their doors, have no idea what happened:confused:

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

doors aren't shut, just a name change. they are actually a "Johnson Family Pharmacy" now.

4. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

I drove past Tom Jones on Saturday and it is definately closed.

5. KellBell

tom jones business went to Johnson Family Pharmacy....all prescriptions...

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so was what i heard right that the doors are closed for business now? i was just thinking how sad that is, they have been there for as long as i can remember.

7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I figure with the move to the new store on Timber Dr, right before the economy went south, amounted to too much overhead for the business.

8. bandmom

:iagree:

9. KellBell

I know....it is sad. I hate when Mom & Pop places have to close. The gal at Johnson (next to you) said they had no plans to utilize the space on Timber either, just took on all the existing customers prescriptions.

10. bandmom

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Just thought i'd let y'all know that Johnson's Family Pharmacy is carrying Rainbow Sandals now. i remember a while back people were looking for locations that carry them.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've never had a pair, I might have to come up and check them out.

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i haven't either, they are kinda expensive but they are guaranteed for life so in the long run i guess they really aren't. It's cool that she has this giant one that you can stand on to see how they feel.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have an unhealthy obsession with flip flops.:jester: I have too many pairs according to DH. But I wear them all year round (but not in public in the winter, LOL) Teva's are my favorite, but I just bought a pair of Crocs flip flops. :oops: They are so comfy!

15. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

You have to read the fine print on the guarantee like everything else. While expensive, they have been the most comfortable sandals I have ever owned and I've had several pairs.

16. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

I love my rainbows. They usually last me a couple of years and i wear them all the time. The warranty is good as long as you haven't worn out the first layer or punctured it. I have had to send a pair back and received a new pair before so they do cover them.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I got them because they were having some sort of buy 2 get one free sale down at the outlet and DH and DS needed shower shoes for camp, LOL, they needed to be closed toed, yet dry quickly. So they got theirs and I had to find something form me and I flat out will not wear the regular crocs, period. Now I'm hooked on those flip flops. :cheers: Best thing is, they spray off! I got in some cow manure at the family farm and they cleaned right up!! :jester:

18. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I love Rainbows too. I have a couple of pairs I've had forever. They are expensive though. I actually like Old Navy's $5 flip flops. They may not last forever but who cares when you can buy a new pair that cheap!

19. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

I do believe that DeWayne's carries Rainbow and Crocs. And of course, there is the outlet store for Crocs, too.

20. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You said slick. :mrgreen: