Hwy.42 Walmart vs.one at Hwy.70

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Apr 12, 2011.

1. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

It looks as if the woman in the picture REALLY needs the job so she can buy some UNDERWEAR!

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

...and some bigger britches!

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

yea, obviously she has enough money to eat! :jester:

4. esther

esther Active Member

walmart

I've been unhappy with the 4042 Walmart since they opened. Products never stocked, dirty and sloppy employees. The one on 70 is brighter,cleaner, friendlier and stocked.

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Automotive service sucks there too. Hubby took my car there for an oil change and he had to show them where to find the oil plug! Turns out that the regular employees had quit and they were using sales people to work the auto service dept. :banghead:

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I love a bargain as much as the next girl, but I draw the line at any type of automotive work at Walmart. Nope, nuh uh, no way, no how. I did get flat repaired once but that was an emergency. :lol:

7. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I agree! Went to the one on 70 today,they had everything except the Mrs.Meyers cleaning products I was looking for.

8. michelle

I went by Sally's tonight after work to get DD some tanning lotion and parking in that little section was AWFUL. I had to park illegally by the curb just to run in for a second. I was not the only one parked illegally. They should have thought that out a little better . . . two restaurants, a tanning place, Sally's, H&R Block and others need more that 3 rows of parking!

9. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I'm officially giving up on the walmart on 42. Enough time has passed for them to figure out their inventory and management issues. I'm tired of the empty shelves and lousy selection, even when everything is stocked. I've had enough of the endless searches for batteries, a store employee, or an open cash register. I'm no longer forgiving their decisions to stop carrying frozen ravioli, the good refrigerated bagels, the beer I like or my conditioner. And I'm finally over the perception that the convenience of having the store nearby is worth the hassle. The final straw was a recent late night shopping trip where they were out of almost everything on my list (after the restocking had been done for the evening) and then they refused to sell me a package of diapers because it wouldn't scan and was the last package in that size. It didn't matter that there was a shelf sticker and plenty of the other sizes available, the cashier just said sorry and tossed them on the floor next to the register.

So I am officially a Target shopper. The extra few minutes drive is well worth the bliss of neatly stocked shelves, large selections, ample lighting, wide isles, cleanliness, friendly cashiers and customer service employees, and a pleasant shopping experience. I price compared a bunch of the stuff I normally buy and the net difference is pennies. Now I look forward to shopping! And there's a reason why there's no "people of target" website :)

10. michelle

I totally agree. Walmart's produce literally stinks and so does their meat. Target is much nicer.

11. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:x That's crazy! I thought they could use the code from the shelf sticker. I don't blame you for not going back there. I've had the same issues you have had with items not being stocked or just not available anymore at that Wal-mart. It is a shame because it's such a convenient location.

12. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Oh yeah...the meat. :ack: The last time I went the ground beef looked like ground sausage.

13. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I will not buy any meats from Walmart. Period. I have gotten some really nice looking steaks from there but when they were grilled the texture and taste was just aweful

14. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me last night. 18 packs of PBR were on sale, but when I got to the register they wouldn't sell it to me becaus it wouldn't scan. Have they ever heard of a price check?

15. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

And another thing....why don't they sell rifles at the 40/42 location?

16. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Going through the produce department, I've found half the "fresh" fruit and veg to be starting to mold or rot.

17. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

With this many unhappy customers I don't think that would be a wise choice :mrgreen:

18. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

You aint happen to get her number by chance did ya? Just wonderin'.

19. Ksokol22

Ksokol22 Well-Known Member

I like the Walmart in Clayton on 70. It just has more to offer than the one on 42. Yes, 42 is more convenient (for me at least) but the one on 70 has a lot more to offer. It has things that the one on 42 does not have, like an AT&T go phone top up card... some baby things.