Garner Speed Trap

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Mr.X, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

If y'all are on getting off 40 on Hwy 70 exit 306 watch out. It seems every day that the State Police, Wake Sheriff or Garner PD has a speed trap there on the exit or on the Greenfield overpass. They must need money after the Scotty party in Garner.

2. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Coming down onto 70, one leo used to stand kinda back toward the trees and zap you with the radar detector and then one would be sitting down between there and the kangaroo. They used to make a lot of money on that little stretch.

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Like it!

It's an old favorite for the law, as is most of 70 west of Smithfield. I think a lot of folks must believe that the "70" signs are speed limit signs (and, no, I'd be the last to preach about speed limits*)

*some degree of common sense is assumed in this statement!

4. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

exactly......don't break the law and they won't get your money.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree:

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Of course....I'm suddenly reminded of my seatbelt thread. :oops::lol:

7. Gomer Pyle

Karma points for humility!

Peace!

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

What's the old saying? Trolls and cops love bridges. Since LIDAR (laser) became popular, overpasses have become fishing grounds. LEO sits on top of overpass, points laser at traffic, radios to fellow LEOs waiting on down ramp on other side. Laser is hard to detect, but laser remains the fav for its on-the-go ease of use. Traffic enforcement cannot be in motion with LIDAR.

9. Gomer Pyle

Anyone remember VASCAR?

It probably wasn't a big hit in NC, but it was basically a glorified stopwatch-calculator similar to the method used by airborne speed enforcement. No radiation (RF or LASER) to detect either. Very manpower intensive compared to LASER or RADAR but hard to beat if the operator had a current qual.

An' the Chevy Novas (what were they thinkin'?) they used had a switch to kill one headlight so ya didn't think it wuz a cop...

Ah, the good ol' days...

10. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I remember VASCAR but I don't remember the headlight thing.

11. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

I got busted by VASCAR a few times in my day. They use it a lot up in the Morganton area for some reason. I was shock the first time I got pulled over and my radar detector never did anything and he kindly told me my fancy detector wasn't picking up what he was doing