Summer Family Fun 2011

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, May 23, 2011.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

The movies in garner arent free anymore, theyre now $1/person. Its called the summer movie express. I cant post the link from my ipad, so if someone else wants to google it......

Other than that, Ive been searching for things online to do as well. Thinking about going to the little zoo in youngsville, anyone been there? Luckily our summer is pretty busy, so wont need to find that much to do.

Our kids have their own golf clubs now and love the driving range so we'll do that on the cooler mornings. I've also been stocking up on groupon and living social coupons for things to do as well.

3. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the Triangle Metro Zoo, I'm pretty sure that closed several years ago.

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

In one of those links Cleo posted, Hanging Rock Park was mentioned. I remember going there as a kid. We used to go swimming at the lake there. It was really fun for kids. I might take my kids there this summer. I also plan on spending some time in the mountains. It's a break from the heat in certain parts of the mountains. I remember last August it was about 98 degrees in Raleigh and we got to Boone the temp was in the 70's!

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

nope, can't remember the name but that's not it. might not be youngsville, but some place up there......I know the place is still open because I was just on their website getting their information. Anyway, never been, but thought kids would like it. Looks like they have a lot of things to do other than just the critters.

6. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Sometimes when the kiddos is out of school we break out the rolling cooler races down at the end of the street. I'll try to give ya'll some advanced notice next time.

7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Hill Ridge Farm?

8. alen

alen Well-Known Member

9. alen

alen Well-Known Member

10. Cleopatra

We just made our reservations last night, four days of camping with the kids. We are going to hit up Sliding Rock, Linville Caverns, Green River Tubing, and the Fish Hatchery.

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

We'll probably do a lot of roller skating. My son likes it and I've really gotten into it, too. Super fun and great exercise. I know I skated at least 15 miles last Saturday afternoon at the rink, because I didn't break but for about 20 minutes total. And, of course, Cars 2 is on the docket for next month for sure!

12. Cleopatra

We got these at school the other day Jester - if you didn't get one - print this off for your Free Wednesday pass.

[​IMG]

13. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Smithfield kids summer movie schedule

I cannot seem to find the schedule for the movie theater near the outlets in Smithfield. Can someone please help by posting the link. I found the one at White Oak in Garner. Thanks for anyone that can help!!

14. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Here ya go! 8)
    http://www.smithfieldcinemas.net/

15. Breezy18

Thanks webbie!!

Thanks!!!

16. Breezy18

Noahs Landing

http://www.noahslanding2x2.com/

May I also suggest this little zoo. I know several people were speaking of going to Wake Forest. This is only a few minutes from Mcgees crossroads area and is GREAT!!