Unofficial arrest

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by annatinnie, Jun 30, 2011.

1. annatinnie

annatinnie Well-Known Member

There was a very interesting situation that occurred at my home Sunday night into Monday morning. A man walked up on my front porch and attempted to open the door, which was locked. I called 911, and before the Smithfield police arrived he also walked up on my back deck trying to gain entry. However, when he attempted to gain entry in the back, I began yelling and screaming at him to get away-scared to death for my life. It was then that I realized that this was an elderly man that was obviously lost. I did not open the door in fear of him being armed somehow. A few minutes later the cops came, but they were unable to find him, as we live in a subdivision that is very open and surrounded by fields.

He ended up walking up on my neighbors porch and falling asleep. My neighbor was actually looking out for the guy because I called him to tip him off that there was a strange man wandering around, and to make sure that his doors to his house were locked.

Several minutes later the neighbor called me back and asked me to call the sheriff's office again, as the man had sat down on his porch and fallen asleep.

Once the cops came they found him and took him to their patrol car. They talked to him from their squad car for almost an hour before leaving with him.

This man was obviously sick and had wandered off and gotten lost. He had no shoes on and had severe blisters on his feet. He scared the bejesus out of me, and I think that my yelling at him from my back deck scared him just as much.

I do not believe that they officially arrested the man, however I just don't know.

Is there any way to find out what happened with this man, and if not, did they take him to the hospital or find his family? He seemed very lost and disoriented. I just want closure that he got back to his family safe and sound. Is there any way to find out such information.

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I don't get it. Why tell this story.

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

She gave you the freaking reason!

"Is there any way to find out what happened with this man, and if not, did they take him to the hospital or find his family? He seemed very lost and disoriented. I just want closure that he got back to his family safe and sound. Is there any way to find out such information."

She is concerned for him and was hoping someone had information.

4. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Wasnt there a link on 4042 here somewhere for local arrest reports? Even if he wasn't arrested .... a report should have been filled out.

5. elims

elims Well-Known Member

6. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Have you tried calling the sheriff's office to ask? Maybe they would at least tell you if he's all right. Sounds to me like he may have dementia of some kind.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Reading comprehension - FAIL

8. ServerSnapper

Being skinny - FAIL

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

oh, boo hoo hoo.................try again. :nopity:

10. ServerSnapper

I think I have some pictures from a get together we had....awhile ago..

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

So what? :lol::lol::lol:

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

She is skinny compared to me! And I have pictures from a get together a while ago too, and you were no Craig yourself SS.

:jester:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  13. ServerSnapper

You should see me now. :mrgreen:

14. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

No you didn't.. I heard those penis pumps don't work.

15. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

That would have scared me too. I also suggest calling the Sheriff's office and explain the situation. They should be able to help somehow.

16. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Who'd want to?

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

not necessary, "now" doesn't matter... you brought it up as "a while ago.... "

apples and oranges 8)

18. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I'd be in your shoes, annatinnie - I'd want to know where/how he was ... and what happened to him. I'd need that closure as well. The poor man.

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Hell I'm not even Craig anymore........I've gotten old and broken down.

20. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011