Fireworks tonight?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by markfnc, Jul 2, 2011.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

who has fireworks tonight? pretty close to 50/42.

2. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Well-Known Member

I saw them from my house on 50. I think it was someone in the neighborhood between 50 and old faireground...

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

well they had a bunch of them. went non stop from 9:30 to 10:30. more or less.

4. smiles

smiles Well-Known Member

If you have to shoot off fireworks, firecrackers, etc., please remember there is a burn ban in effect. Take precautions not to set anything on fire. We don't need any wildfires around here!

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Obviously a good idea to have a water hose nearby or some buckets of water.

6. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Fuquay Varina is doing their fireworks tonight!

On Sunday, July 3, join us for the fabulous fireworks in Fuquay-Varina! Gates open at 6 pm. The Craig Woolard Band performs their blend of soul, Motown and beach music beginning at 7 pm. Kids can enjoy free inflatables, rides and activities. Fireworks begin at sundown. Make sure to bring a blanket or chair and get there early to claim the best location to view the fireworks.

Town of Fuquay-Varina ordinance prohibits animals in the event area, so please leave your animals comfortably at home. South Park is located at 820 S. Main Street. The July 3rd celebration is a free event organized and sponsored by the Town of Fuquay-Varina. Music is sponsored by Patriot State Bank.

7. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

nevermind - didn't see the date of OP was 7/2.

8. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Town of Clayton evidently moved their fireworks show up earlier in the evening because of anticipated storm. We went up at about 9:00 PM and it was already over. Grandkids were disappointed. Town of Clayton needs some system to notify residents of change in plans. At least we enjoyed Archers Lodge fireworks show earlier in the weekend.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I agree. We left the house early to get gas in the truck and just barely did catch the last of them. :cry: I don't blame them for doing them early, but it was disappointing for those that were not already downtown. Also glad I caught Archer Lodge Sat night, they did a great job.

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

:iagree: With both of you.

11. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Yep, same at Benson...we barely got our chairs out and the fireworks started. I realize they started early because of the storm, hoping to get them all in. Unfortunately, about 5 minutes in, it started POURING rain. My oldest son and some friends were coming from Four Oaks and halfway into town, they saw the fireworks had already started, and it was raining, so they just turned around and went back.

So, it was disappointing...what little my kids got to see was through the back door of my friend's business. But, at least we got to stay DRY!

12. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Cleveland started at like 9:15 and got all theirs in just in time... Like 2 minutes after they ended the bottom fell out! It was a good show, just some did not shoot up as high.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I heard they cancelled the ones at the state fairgrounds last night because of the rain and rescheduled them for tonite.

14. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

i live across the street and well still almost missed them cause we were partying in the back yard. oh well they were nice but half the people were getting there when they were over i know there were some upset people!

15. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

We got rained out at Regency Park fireworks show in Cary last night. I believe they've been rescheduled for tonight ... but I doubt we'll make it :) However, we really enjoyed the fireworks at Lake Benson this weekend!! I hope everyone had a great & safe 4th!!

16. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Not quite sure of the point of shooting them off early, when there's no one there to see them ... versus rescheduling them and notifying people so they CAN come see them. Panic mode, I guess ... storms coming, have to make a last minute decision on what to do. *shrug*

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

There were tons of folks already there for the other festivities they had going on. However, I guess if you weren't already in place at 8:00, you were gonna miss out. We checked several media outlets before we left the house including the town website to see if they were going to be going off or being postponed and not a single word.

Oh well, I will keep that in mind for next year. :?

18. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

You would think they could have at least put it on the web site, or better yet, send out a message on their reverse 911 system.

19. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

They should have just waited and done them tonight... I would have been mad if I went some where to see fireworks. Get there and find out they already set them off due to the chance of rain!! They should have put MORE thought into the choice they made.

20. Centurian

Centurian Well-Known Member

Clayton Fireworks - Good Decision

Clayton's fireworks were great last night. They did set them off early, but it was already very dark due to the approaching storm and was a good decision considering that people were out in the weather and a big crowd had been there about 4 hours with the games, bands, etc.

There would've been a significant costs to the Town if the event had been postponed due to the expense of police, fire, recreation staff in addition to fireworks crew and incidentals.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011