Verdict...........

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Jul 5, 2011.

1. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I am thankful I was not a member of that jury, who had to put personal feelings aside and make a decision based on legal rights, evidence and the law. Can you imagine those jurors having to live with their decision ... most likely knowing in their hearts that she was guilty?

I am also thankful that that poor little girl is in a much better place.

2. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I heard OJ was gonna help find the real killer.

3. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

Who Cares????

I could care less about this thing. I haven't kept track because this is a LOCAL issue not national! I'm sorry the little girl is dead, it is a tragedy. But i don't know these white trash nitwits and could care less. There are more important issues out there this is tabloid trash.

4. lovetherascals

lovetherascals Well-Known Member

Then why bother to take the time to read thru and comment on it?

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Exactly.

The only thing I "care" about in this case is that poor 2 year old baby. I would feel the same whether I knew them or not and whether it's local or not.

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

What the heck is wrong with people in this country? I loosely followed this case (watched the evening news), but this article describes people who camped our there to get in? Do these people work? Are they living on the taxpayer's dime and have nothing better to do? I just do not get it...how is this entertainment to any normal person??

From http://www.wral.com/news/story/9823198/

"Among the trial spectators was 51-year-old Robin Wilkie, who said she has spent $3,000 on hotels and food since arriving June 10 from Lake Minnetonka, Minn. She tallied more than 100 hours standing in line to wait for tickets and got into the courtroom 15 times to see Anthony.
    "True crime has become a unique genre of entertainment," Wilkie said. "Her stories are so extreme and fantastic, it's hard to believe they're true, but that's what engrosses people. This case has sex, lies and videotapes — just like on reality TV.""

Sad...

7. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:shock:I would be embarrassed to admit I spent $3000 on hotels and to waited for more than 100 hours to sit in the courtroom. "Sad" isn't the word. More like "insane."

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Remember....it's not what you believe but what you can prove. I admittedly didn't follow this case but Mrs Wulf did and gave me all kinds of commentary on the situation. At the end of her dialogue I kept asking one thing....."what proof?"

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Exactly. The jury took their instructions seriously.

10. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

What shocks and scares the crap out of me the most is the mob mentality of the people watching this trial and their incredibly low standard for what passes as "proof". The prosecutor didn't even prove the little girl was murdered, so how could he possibly hope to prove someone committed a murder, let alone **1st degree** murder.

The mother MAY have done it, but it was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. A just society does not lock people up for life or send them to death row under such circumstances.

11. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

:iagree: is she guilty of lying? Yes. Is she guilty of being a bad mom and strange person for not acting appropriately after she knew her daughter was dead? Yes. But that's not what she was charged with. There was no real proof that she was guilty of premeditated murder. It amazes me that people are so willing to sentence this woman to death based on their gut instinct or the facts that she acted strangely and lied. I think she probably did kill her daughter, but I have no real proof of that. I'm also pretty sure OJ killed Nicole and Jason Young killed his wife, but none of them were proven guilty and even the circumstantial evidence that was presented wasn't all that great.

And to the person that said that this is not a national issue...the death of an innocent child who is citizen of my country is a national issue. Our judicial system and how well it works or does not work is a national issue that I hope everyone would care about on some level. You think you have a broader world view than others, but your view is actually narrow-minded if you can't see how this affects you.

12. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

My only concern was for Caylee.........now, we will never know what really happened to that precious child. I agree that the proscecutors did not prove with out doubt that Casey murdered Caylee but somebody did. Who else could have done it but Casey. She is guilty as h***! I did not view The ANTHONY family as WHITE TRASH, but rather a troubled family. We never know what goes on in families behind closed doors. I think this family is destroyed beyond repair. One of the sadest cases I have ever heard of. I think if I was Casey the first thing I would do is change my name and appearance and leave the country. If she does not do this I think we have not heard the last of her. She would need money to do this. I think she enjoys the limelight and the fact that she has been on tv. I predict she will cash in on this and if she does, then she will enjoy THE BEAUTIFUL LIFE!! Pat

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

14. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

today i read that kim kardashian tweeted she was, "speechless" when she heard the casey anthony verdict. i guess she is too young to remember her daddy's involvement in the "if it dont fit you must aquit" case.

db's wife

15. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

like what? just kidding...

db's wife

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

That's true of pretty much any video link on fb that says any variety of "Shocking!" "You won't believe this!" etc. Or shows boobs.