Please vote for my picture! :)

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Jul 7, 2011.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!
    I'm currently ranked at #138, but would LOVE the #1 spot!

Real easy, just click "Like" on the picture (facebook or twitter) and if it's not asking too much, if you wouldn't mind reposting on your FB or RT on Twitter to get your friends & family to vote, that would be awesome! It's my first (and probably only) picture submission.

http://community.hipstamatic.com/submissions/105826

The picture was taken this previous Saturday at Kure Beach right at sunrise. My family made me get up at 2 am just to drive down so they could go fishing on the pier, lol. Even though they didn't catch anything, I did capture this beautiful picture of a NC sunrise. :)

I hope you enjoy the picture!

Thanks in advance for the votes! :)

~Heather~

2. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

Just voted! Beautiful picture! Good Luck!

3. ferrickhead28

Thank you sooooooo much!!! I'm hoping to make it to the Top 20 so my picture will be on the National Geographic webpage. I think that's just way too exciting, lol. :)

Thanks again!!

4. ferrickhead28

Wow everyone! I jumped from #138 to #116 in five minutes!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Keep the votes coming, there's only ONE DAY left to vote! :)

5. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I voted on facebook. I forgot my username and password for twitter. :oops:

6. ferrickhead28

Thanks for the vote! :)

No worries, I keep forgetting my twitter username half the time too, lol. :)

7. ferrickhead28

Went from #116 to CURRENT RANK #102!

Thanks so much you guys!!! I think the contest ends at midnight, so please keep the votes coming! (Facebook and/or Twitter) :)

8. ferrickhead28

Wow! Thank you so much webmaster/mod for posting my picture on the front page!!! I nearly fell out of my chair! LOL!!

I'm currently ranked at #74 with three days left to vote! Thank you so much to everyone who voted, this means so much to me! :)

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'll do it tonight when I get home or in the morning.

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

me too, can't access FB here from work - good luck:hurray:

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

done! a beautiful picture! :lol:

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

just voted myself.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

me too!

good luck :hurray:

14. ferrickhead28

Thanks so much for the votes! I'm currently ranked at #55! Woo-hoo! Almost there!!!

Keep the votes comin' and if you can spread the word to get your friends to vote, I would appreciate it! :)

15. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I shared the link on my facebook page. Good luck!

16. Holy smokes, I wouldn't know what to do with my time if I couldn't get Facebook at work. I might get bored and actually do something work related! :lol:

17. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I voted on Facebook. Cool picture!

18. ferrickhead28

Thanks everyone!!! :)

I'm currently ranked at #48 with 164 votes so far. I need about 350 to make it into the top 20.

Keep voting! :)

Thanks sooooooo much!!!

19. ferrickhead28

To answer some of your questions, here is why I want my picture to get into the Top 20:

Life in a Day, captured by you.

Life in a Day is an extraordinary, user-generated, feature-length documentary shot on a single day – July 24, 2010. The film’s creators invited the global YouTube community to capture this single day of their lives on camera and the world responded by submitting more than 80,000 videos to YouTube. The submissions represent over 4,500 hours of deeply personal, powerful film originating around the world from Australia to Zambia, from the heart of bustling major cities to the most remote reaches of the earth.

National Geographic, YouTube, and Cinedigm are bringing Life in a Day to theaters on July 24th, 2011 – the one year anniversary of the content capture — and here’s your chance to be a part of it! Submit your Hipstamatic images that show your “Life in a Day” for a chance to be featured on movie screens at the “Life in a Day” Premiere, on the Life in a Day website, YouTube.com/LifeInADay, and on NationalGeographic.com
    The top 20 entries will be featured during the premiere screenings of Life in a Day on July 24, where audience members and fans online will TEXT in their vote for the TOP 3 photos, with a grand prize winner being selected based on these votes!

More info here:
    http://community.hipstamatic.com/contests/52

Pretty cool, huh? :)

20. ferrickhead28

Just thought I would share. :)

Leann Rimes and Mena Suvari both voted for my picture on their Twitter! :D