A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

You know you are getting old when you are very entertained sitting on the front porch.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree::iagree: i am right there too

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

thanks, it is so awesome to see and hear my Daddy again, i lost him 18 yrs ago when he was only 61 and to hear his voice again is such a wonderful blessing

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

You're welcome, but I can't take credit for the quote. I got it from a friend's facebook status!:mrgreen:

Have a great Saturday DC!

5. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

It's usually credited to Plato.

6. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

My neighbors just scared the you-know-what out of me by shooting off some big fireworks about a week late. Not the little ones, big ones. The dog and I didn't know what was going on. Happy belated 4th! :lol:

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Why go and spoil it for those who don't know. :lol::lol:

Sherry

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

This from the beacon of wisdom.

9. Sherry A.

Doesn't hurt to know where your quote came from. Of course, if you think someone on the Board made it up go ahead and say it.:lol::lol:

Sherry

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I admit it, when I responded that I liked the quote I didnt know where it came from but I really didn't care and still don't.

Do did you lose interest in the topic when you found out it was Plato and not Play-Doh?

11. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I am just sad that this is what you chose to take from the quote.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2011
  12. Sherry A.

Keep those fingers in your ears as you get laughed at.

Sherry

13. Sherry A.

Did you get as sad when someone pointed out who said the quote?

Sherry

14. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

The Lecture Queen, what you all ticked off because you think he's infringing on the laughs intended towards your hypocrisy around here. You put a lot of stupid stuff on here to be running around thinking (you're) (did I get it right) intelligent.

15. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

You sure are testy today, did Lilith Fair get canceled or something?

16. Sherry A.

About time. I'm completely fed up with people using your as you are or you're. And some of you actually want to make English our country's official language?:lol::lol:

Sherry

17. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I posted where I SAW the quote for DC. I didn't indicate that I didn't know where it may have originated, as you assume. It has actually been attributed in many forms to quite a few folks over time. I personally think it is a powerful quote that people might employ in their daily lives. I do not know you or what you may be going through, so I cannot assume to know why you are responding in this manner. To answer your question, no, I was not sad as the poster was providing information. No harm in that.

18. Sherry A.

No harm at all and I like the quote. I thought it funny when a Poster showed who the quote came from is all, especially after saying it was received from someone on FB and going to be someone's quote on FB tomorrow still no comment on where the quote came from.

Guess my sense of humor is different from yours plus most of my response was to DCHYDIINY, whom I carry on with on this Forum as someone to laugh with and at.

Sherry

19. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Fair enough. In written form, without knowing the poster, it can be difficult to distinguish humor from something less attractive. No harm, no foul. Carry on.

20. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Geeze, I didn't mean to start a row, I was just sharing what I thought was an interesting bit of information. Nobody was claiming it was original, and I really didn't think Plato was controversial.