Waste Industries is still crappy

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by keemom, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

We paid yearly and the last notation I can find right now was an October billing. ugh! I hate having to go back through boxed paperwork.

2. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Just a follow-up, I spoke to a very nice CSR at Waste about their recent billing to their Advantage customers and she did admit that they had not changed the billing cycles of their customers to reflect their Advantage payments. Thankfully, I had made a notation on old paperwork as to when I had sent the last Advantage payment, so my bill was reduced by almost $60.00. They are trying to get everyone on the same cycle, and have not converted their Advantage customers. Be mindful of that before making a payment!

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Well.. they still suck! Last Fridays trash is still sitting at the end of my driveway waiting to be picked up. The real kicker is, neighbors on both sides of me are existing WI customers and their trash got picked up on Friday. You would think they would have merged the routes, but they tell me that Advantage Waste trucks are still running their old routes until they are integrated. BUT, they also said that WI drivers have been told to pick up Advantage Waste containers on their routes! So hello... not only did my supposed old AW truck not get my trash on the old route, the WI driver didn't pick it up either! I called Monday, I called Tuesday... and i called today... they did give me a one week credit.. woohoo :?

One would think those would be the first and easiest routes to merge, where pickups in the same neighborhoods are on the same day. Really....

I still haven't paid next quarters bill.... I need to start calling around to the other companies.

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

So glad for that 65 bucks a year and the Barber Mill station.

5. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Hubby decided not to renew next quarter with WI and to just pay for the decal so he can take our trash to the dump himself. Downside is the cost of a garbage can the size we have had with Advantage-that's more that the cost to continue service for another quarter!

6. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

We switched to Kens trash after WI bought out Busy Bee and we have been happy. No trouble.
    I agree it won't be long until WI buys everyone else out.

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

our normal trash day is Friday and it took till Wednesday of this week to pick up last week's trash. Let's see if they get it right today.

Wanna place bets?

8. old school

old school Well-Known Member

I am sure they will be crushed!!:nopity:

9. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

We where forced to get curbside pick up when the Pick up truck blew up, so we went with Kens as well and have had ZERO issues. but all in all it was so much easier to just pay the 65 bucks to take it to Barbermill rd. oh well, i can say that may be one and only thing i miss about Jersey and that was that it was included in the ever so high taxes you paid and they came by townships to township and thats how you where assigned a trash day and YES they worked Every holiday no matter what! they even took recycle if you wanted to recycle back then it wasnt a big deal.

10. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Dangit ... I forgot that due to the holiday, pickup service would be a day late. Ah, well. Trash will be ok sitting out there at the curb til tomorrow.

11. Deanna

Deanna Guest

Trash Company Buy Outs

Well folks, for those of us that left Waste Industries due to their inability to keep account records correct or simply not getting the service we paid for, they have just bought out Advatage & several other competition companies. It's becoming a monopoly.

We just got our first bill from the buy out.....we had Advantage but now we're back under Waste Industries. Guess what! Business as usual as our account information was wrong & they even have our "service address" as being 1/2 mile away at someone else's house. Oh but they got our billing address correct.........that's all they care about.....just pay the bill.

I sent them a nasty letter, ain't putting up with their crap again. We never received notice that this buy out was even taking place, it just happened without notifying Advantage customers until after it was final. We would've said NO. Wonder if we can sue?!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
  12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Theres already a whole thread on it honey and the buy out happened around May 1, it didn't JUST happen.

http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=33301&highlight=advantage+waste

13. Deanna

Deanna Guest

Why the attitude?

That's great you felt the need to tell me there's a whole other thread on this issue. Bet it makes you feel smarter than me huh?

Look "honey", I simply read a discussion post & replied to it. End of story. Oh, and I never said that this "just happened" either. So don't claim I said something that I didn't.

Do you really have nothing better to do than reply to people's posts trying to make them look stupid? Didn't work this time sweetheart.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

ok :cheers:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011