Construction on 42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by alen, Jul 12, 2011.

1. alen

alen Well-Known Member

Near the hospital....more medical space?? Any clue?

2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

3. Deanna

Deanna Guest

42 growth

Although growth is good, for those who live near it it's quickly becoming a nuisance. They might as well start making 42 west 4 lane now. I live within 1.5 miles of the hospital. The 70 by-pass just went thru our neighborhood literally & now the traffic on 42 is expected to become a nightmare. What next, an airport? :ack:

4. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Grinder? "Yes" to what? :)

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I live near the intersection of Amelia Ch. Rd. and Hwy 42 and I don't think its gotten any worse, not any better, but not any worse.

I don't think the JC Medical Center has brought anywhere near the flow of traffic it was expected to bring through the area. All you have to do is drive by to see that, the parking lot is always more than 1/2 empty, and more than 1/2 of the cars out there are probably employees.

The only people I really feel sorry for are the people that built that big-arse stone house across the street from it, and the small house that is beside the new clearing that has just gone up for sale.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I agree, I drive it every single day and the traffic up to that point is not a big deal. It is MUCH worse between Cornwallis and 4042. I will take the miniscule increase in traffic and have a nice medical facility here in town. I have been blessed not to need it so far, but it's nice to know it's there.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree:

8. Grinder

Yes to the OP's question....More medical space? More medical related construction, yes.

Have a clue? Yes

9. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Those stone house people... Built that house cause the by-pass took their old one... Ummmm bad choice on rebuilding.

10. lori-beth

lori-beth Well-Known Member

Raleigh Radiology is supposed o be building a facility out near the hospital

11. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

There's been a lot of talk about 'what's next' along the 70 bypass -all two exits of it- they ('they' being the town of Clayton) don't want it to turn into something similar to 40/42.

12. katbug

katbug Guest

Harris Teeter is suppose to be going out there.....that is what an email said sent from their store.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Would you mind cutting and pasting the highlights of said e-mail? Harris Teeter claims no plans to develop in an area this close to Clayton. I live just through those woods and would love to have one that close to my house!

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Given "Their" history, I would say there will be several auto parts stores, a quick lube and a strip mall with a Mexican Restaurant, a Papa Joe's pizza and several empty storefronts.

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

you forgot the nail salon and a chinese fast-food place.

16. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

and Dollar Tree.

17. Grinder

I dont expect a lot of development there actually. Businesses and developers are fed up with dealing with the Town of Clayton's developmental process, impact fees and the other 149984 inane regulations that stifle any growth within the towns boundaries.

18. Buc

Buc Well-Known Member

Don't forget to mention the cops who have nothing better to do than harass motorists on 42, poor zoning or lack of zoning, and the "Smithfield complex" where they just can't stand that they are not the county seat.

19. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

It would be really nice if Cleveland/4042 area would incorporate so businesses would have a new entity to deal with other than Clayton on this side of the county. Maybe then we could get some good development out this way...Harris Teeter, Bass Pro, some kind of really good Italian restaurant, Panera Bread, Johnston County's first Target, Barnes and Noble...I have all kinds of things I would wish for so I could stop having to run into Wake County. If it is going to be developed, at least we could develop it with something quality.

20. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

really good Italian restaurant - LaPiazza is as good as any and already here.