Info/advice on staying @ Morganton...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, Jul 12, 2011.

1. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

We have to travel to Morganton Thursday for a baseball tournament. Trying to book a hotel room, but most of the hotels in the immediate area don't seem to be very reputable; I will be traveling with two young children as well as my older son, so cleanliness and safety are my biggest issues. I have never been to the area and don't know what to look for or expect. Would like to stay close by the ball park, but at this point will travel a little further out if I have to. Anyone got any advice or know of a nice, clean place to stay?

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

3. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

We're going to be there too, the only luck we've had with getting a room is the Days Inn of Morganton, if you don't mind a bit of a drive Lenoir and Hickory are not far. The Days Inn does not have the best reviews, but it's all that's left :/ My sister lives out there, and she said she'd stay in Lenoir, abt 20-30 minutes from the field. I'm sending DH with the boys, and staying with her, LOL

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  4. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Yes, the Days Inn did have the best deal and looked like the best place to stay. The downside is there is no pool, which would be a plus to keep the kids occupied during down time. :lol:

By the way- Just Another Mom- what age group are ya'll and what team are you with?

5. JustAnotherMom

Yeah, there's not much to do at the hotel, but Lake James is close by :) We're Sr League with Knightdale, which is why I'm not staying with the boys, too many teenagers, LOL. What about you?

6. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

We are Sr. League with JOCO, mostly guys from Benson area. So...guess I will see you there!

Just found out that folks from our team are staying @ Conover. Almost a 30 mile ride to the ball park, but looks like excellent accomodations and a good price. Can't decide what to do, now...I really want to stay closer but I know my son will be miserable if he's not staying with everyone else! :?

7. JustAnotherMom

Awesome! Benson had some really great kids/parents on the team, we enjoyed playing them! I'll be the only KDale parent pushing a stroller :)

Good luck in your decision!!