A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

1) I'm not fond of the noises it makes.
    2) I watched the same pair of shorts stay in the same postion on top the whole wash cycle.
    3) The load unbalanced mid-way through. It made an awful thumping noise.
    It tried to correct itself but couldn't so it stopped itself and made me rebalance the load.
    4) I don't think the machine uses enough water to get the clothes moving and clean.
    5) For $1000.00 a piece I was expecting it to work a lot better.

I went back to Lowes yesterday and the guy said to try it out again today. He said I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep it.

I'll try it again this afternoon. If I still hate it it's going back.

2. ZUMBAbyMARIE

6) It takes an hour to wash a normal load of clothes.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Dang girl, what kind did you get so i will know what not to get?

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

this alone is a reason for it to go, IMO. :mrgreen:

5. ZUMBAbyMARIE

It's a Whirlpool Cabrio. I wanted to go with a washer and dryer that doesn't take up as much space as my front loader Duet set did. Our Family is shrinking so I didn't think I needed anything that huge and heavy anymore. I was shopping for a top loader. It is supposed to save water and I understand that. This machine uses an eyedropper full to was a load of clothes. Call me old school, but I think a washing machine actually needs water to wash clothes. Anyone have any recommendations?

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

MAYTAG
    I've had my maytag washer & dryer since ... 1997 and thank GOD I have never had any problems with it.
    LOVE A maytag product.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  7. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I will be getting rid of my Bosch for the same reason. I just DO NOT feel like my clothes are getting clean. LOVE my dryer, and I know it will be hard to sell the washer by itself, but it has to go! I want a top load that fills with water and vigorously washes my clothes...not just that flip-flop thing!

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

having a no caffeine day, this is no fun:cry:

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Welcome to my life!

Lots of decaffeinated teas out there and I heavily partake of decaffeinated Diet Colas!

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

geez, don't think i could do it on a regular basis, i am so missing my am coffee now - how in the world did i get so dependent on caffeine?

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My addiction to caffeine and alcohol led to a cancer scare, swore off all alcohol and have minimized caffeine ever since.

Doctor also said I should stop eating chocolate and I told him I would when I die!

13. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

God bless you! I don't know if I could do it.

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i have to do it for a medical test (nothing bad) for the whole day:x

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Good luck. I would be a zombie. I'm on about cup number 4 this morning.

I drink a lot of caffeine and it does not bother me as far as sleep, etc. My husband laughs at me because I can drink coffee and go right to sleep. Hope that doesn't change as I get older, LOL

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

My mom is like that too.. can have a big mug of coffee and then go to bed. Normally I try to not have any caffeine after I get home in the afternoon so that I can sleep at night.

17. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for anyone (including my hubby, my dad, my brother) who has to work in this heat! I just went to the mailbox and about passed out!

18. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Caffeine after around 1:00 will keep me up at night. I have even switched to half caffeine for my morning coffee. The older I get, the more sensitive to caffeine I am. This getting older sucks...and I'm not even 50 yet!! I get my coffee at Aversboro Coffee lots of mornings and one morning they got mine mixed up....I was climbing the walls that afternoon and I thought my heart would beat outta my chest!! :lol:

19. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Caffeine enhances my award winning personality in the morning. Without it I would seem grouchy and disinterested. With it, well I'm still grouchy and disinterested, but much more alert.

20. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

My husband works outside as well,somehow it doesn't seem to bother him that much,I don't know how it can not! I used to work outside as well a few years ago but I would not want to do it these days.
    I don't care what's in that mail box,I'm not going outside to check ;)