A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

The difference is your hubby warms up with the day. You're leaving 70* weather and walking into 100* weather.

2. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I think they get used to the heat but I can tell it wears on my husband. He is worn out at the end of the day. It takes him a while to recover. I worry about him. The air condition was out in his truck all last week. I don't know how he survived! He just got it fixed thank God.

3. Allioop

True! I didn't think of it that way. I don't stay out there long enough to warm up with it. :lol:

4. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me...need to go put some drinks in the fridge for tomorrow. My children have made it their mission to make sure our garbage collectors do not overheat. I know it sounds kinda weird, but, I let them take those guys a drink every week. Hey, I am thankful for the job they do, and they HAVE to miserable behind that truck!

5. Allioop

That is so thoughtful of you and your kids. :hurray: I know those guys appreciate having a cold drink.

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:iagree:

7. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

You're right!
    I guess that is how I was able to manage it years ago! Weird thing was that I never used to drink any water during the day back then compared to these days when I'm guzzling it all day long.

8. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

The guys from Lowes just left. I'm testing out my new washer now.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ok what kind this time? i love you being my tester as i will be in the market for new ones in the next year i am sure:lol::lol:

10. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:iagree: Love to hear your feedback too! I hate my Kenmore front loader. Wish I had kept my 15 year old top load whirlpool when I last moved instead of thinking I needed a new one!

BTW...I have plenty of laundry here if you need more for your test sessions! :jester:

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I wish I had known more about my Grandfather's history before he died. I have found out more since the reunion this past weekend than I knew my whole life before. I knew he was a WWII vet and paratrooper, what I did not know was that he was at Normandy and the Battle of the Bulge, had a bronze star and a purple heart among other things.

It's bringing up so many emotions, I just don't even know what I feel. It sure does explain a lot of why he was the way he was.

I just had a cousin call me to tell me that they were going to send me the knife he carried at the time, his military issue one. I also just ordered a copy of Life magazine that he was pictured in. I'm speechless because I had no idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
  12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i gotta say my cup of coffee this morning tasted better than any coffee i have drank in forever:lol::lol:

14. ZUMBAbyMARIE

I absolutely love my new set. I already have my 3rd load in the washer. It doesn't make noises like it is sick. It's much faster, and I can actually see water in the machine. The clothes came out clean, fresh and just damp so they don't take as long to dry either. The new set is the Samsung 4.7 cu. ft. top-load washer and the 7.4 cu. ft. dryer.

15. Allioop

We have a Samsung front loader washer and dryer, and I LOVE them! We've had them since 2007 and I've never had a problem.

16. ZUMBAbyMARIE

Oooo. It just passed the comforter test. :)

17. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Wow!! Think of it this way.....at least you were able to understand during your lifetime. Pretty cool that your cousin is going to send you those items. You can get his medals, if they are lost or something, through the military. I ordered the ones that were missing of my dad's.

Sherry

18. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Bingo!! :hurray:

Sherry

19. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

do u need another comforter to test it with, just to make sure? :lol:

20. Allioop

The weirdest cartoons are on TV now, especially on the cartoon network. I think they might be created with the assistance of illegal drugs.