I am DONE with the Walmart at 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jul 21, 2011.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I've had it. I was in there tonight after work and there was not a single shopping cart at the entrance. I asked the greeter where all of the carts were and she said someone was on the way in with some. I waited and I waited and then I waited some more. No carts. I gave up and left. When I was leaving I circled the entire parking lot and EVERY cart coral was full but there was not a single walmart employee in sight.

I thought about calling the manager because this isn't the first time this has happened but then I decided that I could better protest by not spending any more money in there.

Last week I went in there to buy some rubbermaid totes with a company check. I got to the register and they would not take the check (from a multi-million dollar company, by the way) because I was not on the account! Why would I be on a company account? I walked out and they lost a $67 sale.

The next day I went in to buy 2 things of which they had neither.

I'm done!!!!

2. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I don't blame you one bit! How dare they not bring you a cart when you are obviously waiting for one - those bas-My Friend! I hope you rubbed their guarentee of being provided a cart right in their selfrighteous faces.

3. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

We had a very bad experience in that Wal Mart last friday night. So much so that it brought me to tears. My husband called the store manager and she said those employees would be reprimanded. She really did not sound to concerned about our issue. We do not intend to go back in that store. The hwy 70 store is better stocked and the employees seem more helpful. Pat

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOL, maybe you should've been rounding up carts instead of taking extended break burning a heater.

5. Snuffyjo

Snuffyjo Well-Known Member

last Christmas our boss bought us dinner and a movie giftcards. They were $50.00....a $25.00 card to Applebees and a $25.00 card to AMC theaters. At the time she did not know the closest AMC theater in NC is in Charlotte. One co-worker returned her card in Rosewood, no questions asked and an apology from the cust service person, stating she would have the manager pull all those cards as they were not aware either. Another returned hers in Clayton, same thing, an apology and exchanged for a Wal-mart gift card. I tried to exchange mine at 40-42 Wal-mart and was told it was not their fault, they aren't in charge of the gift cards its a 'vendor', too bad, and we could still use the 25.00 at Applebees and we were just outta luck on the other. Pretty rude too. We did get them exchanged at another Wal-mart, I just try not to go to 40-42 unless I have to.

6. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I try not to go to any WalMart ever.

7. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Wal Mart Sux!

But don't forget that the folks that work there probably want to be there even less than you do!

I go to the 40/42 Wal Mart because it's on my way home. The aisles are blocked, the CUSTOMERS are rude and inconsiderate and they never have enough check out aisles open.

I try to treat the employees with the compassion, respect and courtesy I would like to receive and I generally receive the same in return. As for the rest- EFF 'em. I did my turn at the cash register and I wasn't particularly nice- I just didn't know better at the time.

Peace!

8. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I grab a cart from one of the corrals on my way in. I only expect valet service at Target. :lol:

9. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

The store Mnger isnt a female, so who ever you spoke to was not the mngr. they are so used to the verble abuse of customers they are tuning it out! i HATE that store!

10. michelle

:cheers:

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

make that three of us. :ack:

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't go to that one unless I have to. Who ever maintains their stock orders should be re-trained. I have to go in there for work sometimes and it's a fair bet that most of the time, they aren't going to have what I went after. Waste of time.

I agree that the one in Clayton is far superior(as far as Walmarts go), you wouldn't think there would be such a huge difference, but there certainly is.

13. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I guess its just a different way of thinking. I walk into any store and there isnt a cart (if i need one) i just walk out to the parking lot and get one. I dont take it personally.

If the store i am at doesnt have what i need, i just say..well damm...and go to another story and find it. I dont take it personally.

Trust me. Wal-Mart is not out to get you. Dont take it personally.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have a half hour for lunch, sometimes I have to run in there for something that should be reasonably expected to be there. If they don't have it, then I don't have time to schlepp somewhere else. It isn't like I frequently go looking for unicorns in Walmart and am shocked they don't have it. :lol:

15. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

It is probably a bit better that the other 2 in the area. I WILL not go to the one in Fuquay and the one in Clayton is hot or miss, as is the one @40/42.

I hate supporting them, but being financially challenged right now, I have to go where I can get the most for my money.

Usually I grab a cart on the way in.

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That makes 4 of us.

DH does the shopping now and he said he went to WalMartS yesterday just for beer & Mt.Dew, everything else on the *list* he got a the $ tree. He LOVES the $ Tree now. LOL

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

you gots him trained good girl. :mrgreen:

Dollar tree
    Dollar General
    Target
    Lowes Foods
    Walgreens

ANYWHERE but the WalMartS don't care where....

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

He's a *kept* man now :lol::lol:
    Or I'm his sugar momma either way it works :cheers:

19. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

20. michelle

It's not that I'm too lazy to go out into the parking lot and get a cart. Here's my beef:

1. This is not the first time I have been in there where there wasn't a single cart at the entrance.

2. The greeter lied to me and told me they were on the way in with more. After waiting about 10 minutes and then leaving the store and riding around the parking lot, i did not see a single walmart employee in the whole lot. Every cart coral was full which led me to believe that they had probably been out of carts for quite a while.

3. It was 100 degrees outside . . . if I have to walk back out and get a shopping cart then I'm just gonna get in my car and go somewhere else.

If by taking it personally you mean that my wanting to shop in a store that appreciates my business and has what I need when I need it, then yes, I take that personally.