I am DONE with the Walmart at 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jul 21, 2011.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

LMBO, you go girl!

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Last thing I needed was a thermos. Nope, not a single one in the store, not in housewares, not in sporting good, unless I wanted a SpongeBob one or some crap. I guess I just was expecting too much out of poor ole Walmart. Trust me, I have low expectations of them to begin with. :lol:

I wish I had all this free time to wander from retail store to retail store like some people apparently do.

3. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

How am I to get a union job by doing mine?

Rookie

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

smoke dope and drink beer during lunch. lol

5. Buc

Buc Well-Known Member

3. It was 100 degrees outside . . . if I have to walk back out and get a shopping cart then I'm just gonna get in my car and go somewhere else.

Oh Please!!!

6. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I won't shop at the Walmart on 42 either. They are always out of everything and I'm tired of the long lines and crappy customer service. I am more than happy to drive a little further and pay a bit more to shop at Target, which is always well stocked, clean, short lines and friendly associates.

7. macy

macy Well-Known Member

I am DONE with Walmart at 40/42

This walmart at 40 42 is really bad. no doubt. express lanes are almost never open.and i could go on but the sealer for me was the other day i went in with my 9 year old niece. she got ahead of me and i lost her in the store. I walked and walked around trying to find her got scared and went and ask if they would anounce her name from the service desk. I was told NO they didnt do that. So my next statement was "I am calling the Police because i have a lost child in this store. Usually this does not happen thank God I did find her but i was really nervous...

8. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

The greeter lied to you....nice assumption. Did you ever stop to think (well, no you didnt) that as far as the greeter knew, there was someone who was out getting YOUR cart for you, but for some reason there was no one out there working? Maybe the greeter didnt know. It is quite possible.

But then i guess since it was 100 degrees outside, and you would have had to walk an extra 50 yards to get a cart and bring it back, that it was too much for you to handle. Tough life.

9. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

They don't announce names of children because some predator could then see a child by themselves, call them by name and tell them to come with them to get back to the parent. Then the child leaves the store with this person who CALLED THEM BY NAME. They should have called Code Adam over the intercom and then all store employees are supposed to search their area for a lone child.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_Adam

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  10. macy

macy Well-Known Member

I am Done with walmart at 40/42

I would have Loved for any EMPLOYEE to help me search.../however as I said NOONE would help me....thats why i was getting ready to call police when i spotted her running thur store looking really panic...(i did not know about the code adam) thanks for telling me i guess walmart employees didnt know either...thanks again..

11. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I actually had a good experience there at 40/42 once. A girl went out of her section to help me coordinate moving one of those really big boxes that would have a kids' John Deere tractor type vehicle in it. She was polite and did go out of her way. I made sure to find a manager and let them know.

That being said, it's WalMart! There is a People of WalMart site for a reason. :lol: Everybody's expectation of the place is low. I always go in with the lowest possible expectations and that way I'm never upset by anything. If I want to feel like I'm going to get stocked shelves, good customer service, carts at the front, then I go to Target or somewhere else. Otherwise I through on my funkiest outfit and have at it :lol:

In the end, if the worst I have to deal with in a day is screaming kids, getting my own cart, etc. in WalMart then I thank Jesus. But most days it's not the worst thing I have to deal with so I don't let it bother me at all.

12. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

I agree, I do that regardless of where I go. If I need a cart I seek one in the corral otherwise inside if corral is empty, or I will grab one that some lazy a$$ piece of crap will leave in a parking spot, because they're to ignorant to walk 30' to put it where it belongs.

13. michelle

I just received a nice phone call from one of the assistant managers at Wally World apologizing to me for my bad experience. He admitted that it has happened quite a bit lately and they are working to fix the problem.

14. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

So will you back now? :)

15. michelle

More than likely I will. I appreciate the fact that they called an apologized. At least I know they care, or at least pretend to.

16. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I can't recall a bad experience with the store or the people there. I make it a point to speak to the employees, and also thank them for helping me when I need assistance.

That said, WM expects a lot from these folks, and the overall compensation is probably not what many think. It's less.

Regardless of that, I expect to be treated with courtesy and do so in return.

Yes, there the 'people of walmart' website. Except that website is about the customers that go there, right, not the employees. I daresay I see folks wearing amusing or questionable wear at Crabtree Mall, Triangle Town Ctr, Lowes, Lowe's Food, Food Lion....

17. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

They can't get keep carts returned. They can't keep the checkout lines flowing. They can't keep the shelves stocked. The employees are always complaining to each other where customers can hear. They are short staffed and overworked. Saying this store is better than that one is laughable. They are all the same.

HERE's a story from February. Walmart says they're making changes:
    People don't want to haggle with the cashier, they want to pay and get out.

They can't keep the ones they already have in stock. How is adding more going to help?

Smaller packages cost more per unit. How stupid do you think we are Walmart?

Then why not just go to Lowes or Food Lion with a discount card and some coupons?

Looks like trouble ahead if you ask me.

18. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

On balance, FL is more expensive for us than WM. And, neither LF or FL carries specific GF foods we require. WM has a surprisingly good GF section, and they also stock GF bread rolls. Without WM, we'd be driving to Whole Paycheck Foods or Trader Joes. I'd rather shop 4 miles away than drive into Raleigh or Cary.

No doubt, not everyone will like the place. Yet, they seem to do enough business to stay open.

19. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

...But Wal Mart represents the absolute best the free market has to offer: goods from the cheapest supplier, labor from the bottom tier- minimize costs maximize profits, keep that share price up.

What's wrong with that?

20. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

I would rather deal with the nonsense that Walmart provides than to pay .50c to a dollar more for the same product at FL or Lowes. I am not trying to impress my neighbors with my pinky finger out telling them I shop at Lowes/FL