I am DONE with the Walmart at 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Cleopatra

With a sale and coupon I pay less at FL and Lowe's... and I don't have to schlep with JoCo's finest. The one on 42 is a freakshow!!!

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

and Walmart NEVER has what I need/want....and their produce section :ack::ack:

they were given many chances.

and I'd like to add that since groceries is one of the few things I get to still spend money on, I expect full shelves, open cash registers and a spectacular produce section...if that's 'pinky finger stuck out' then so be it.

4. Cleopatra

I stick out my pinky while I thumb through my coupon book

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:lol::lol:

mine only sticks out while sanitizing the cart handle with those handy-dandy wipes. :p

6. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Our future? Oh wait, since we're now a "service economy" that picture doesn't apply...

7. joann

joann Member

I now drive out of my way to go to the one in Clayton rather than 40/42. When 40/42 opened, it was so nice and clean, stopped going to Clayton (although 40/42 was too small IMO. NOW 40/42 is a mess, they never had the shelves stocked and it's always messy. You don't get -10 cents at gas at 4042 either. So now I combine my trips to Clayton Walmart. Their store is beautiful now...large...clean...well stocked. And, I get gas 10 cents cheaper. With this economy I try not to drive around too much for chores on the weekend. Clayton by far is the better of the two Walmarts now. I'm disappointed too because 4042 is only a couple of miles from my house.

8. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:lol: Pinky in the air at Food Lion? yeah right. I assume my neighbors don't care where I shop. I don't care where they shop.

9. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Coupon Snob :jester:

10. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I hear what y'all are saying about walmart, but I must say the pharmacy and eyeglasses are the main reasons I go there. Some things can be cheaper than FL and Lowes, but often are more expensive (i.e. bananas and frozen foods). The meat section has a lot to be desired, but the cookies (generic grasshoppers mint cookies) and dog food (Purina dog food 44 lb bag $19.95) are the lowest in price that I have discovered. I guess it all depends on how convenient it is, what kinds of bargains you are looking for, and if you appreciate a redbox pickup/dropoff. I usually purchase vegetables/fruits here at the corner of Cornwallis/Cleveland Rds., meats at the Emporium, and ring bologna at the Amish market. I don't mind making trips to different grocery stores (I work at one, so I pretty much am aware of the weekly specials); I enjoy the "hunt" for the best prices! :)

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Where is there an Amish market?? :allears:

12. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Must be the one with all the different colored Adirondack chairs sitting outside on Cleveland Rd.!?

13. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Correct. They've now got a market in there too.

14. AnnetteL

What do they sell,besides ring bologna and adirondack chairs that is? ;)

15. bosoxfan

I've only been in there once. Let me see what I can remember. They've got a lot of deli meats, jams/jellies, salsas. Seems to me they had some baked goods, but not a lot.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I went in there Sat. They had what other's mentioned. Salsa, jelly, deli meat, chips, pumpkin rolls, whoopie pies, candy. Nice little store. I got some turkey which is very good.

17. AnnetteL

Thanks! Did you buy anything,how was it?

18. AnnetteL

Thanks!
    Did you try out any of the baked goods?
    Are the owners indeed Amish and do they still speak German? ;)

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The girl behind the counter said they used to be Amish, but she wasn't terribly chatty and I didn't question her further. My mom lives in the Amish country in PA now (not native), so I had fun checking out some actual Amish things there a few weeks ago.

Oh, and I got the pumpkin roll and it was very, very good.

20. bosoxfan

My wife bought a couple jars of jam that were good. We had just been to Amish country in PA a couple weeks before.