I am DONE with the Walmart at 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jul 21, 2011.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Thanks guys,I'm planning on checking it out soon!!

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

No I was referring to the conditions of the Chinese factories that supply Walmart, and the treatment of those workers. That's what's wrong.

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I understood.

I was thinking the other day about how Wal Mart was when Sam Walton was alive. Red, white and blue were the company colors for a reason, there were American flags everywhere and they were kickin' K-Mart's butt with price and selection, clean stores and friendly staff...all of which started to fade about 15 minutes after his death.

4. 27577

27577 Guest

im sure wally world is missing the 67$ sale.....

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Oh see, I got your sarcasm the first time around. lol But you are dead right, Sam is rolling over in his grave.

That said, I went to Wal-Mart on 70 today. It was on the way and I needed a few things (bread, mus-My Friend, lunchmeat, etc) - and some Utz white corn chips for my awesome salsa. I buy all name brand (which is cheaper still than the grocery store) and it makes me "feel better" lol. Except milk, I just can't pay 6.00 for a gallon of milk when we go through it in two days. So, I gave 17.76 (no lie!!) to the Evil Empire today.

6. FLai

FLai Active Member

Wal-Mart

So agree. Last time I went to 40/42 Wal-Mart, I was so fed-up I found a manager speaking to a general manager and interrupted them. When they asked what was wrong I told them, very explicitly that they were terrible (I used a different word). The General Manager literally walked me around the store helping me find my items - none of which were available - and finally looked at me and sighed and said, please ma'am try us again, we are changing. We really are. I looked at her, laughed and gave her my empty cart (because there was nothing I needed in the store!) and told her she could waste her time, but I wasn't going to waste mine anymore. Haven't been back to that store since even though it IS on my way home!

BTW, it was early afternoon on a Tuesday...

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Two British Chaps Explore a Walmart

8. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I learned from my brother that Wal-mart carries a type of Ben and Jerry's that he can't find anywhere else. It's called "What a Cluster." :lol:

9. AnnetteL

About the only good thing about this Walmart is one of it's greeter,she always is very friendly.
    However several weeks ago another greeter was there instead and on my way out she kept moaning and groaning about how hungry she was,that she hadn't eaten a thing all day long (it was in the morning ;)),that she had forgotten her money at home and that all she would need is two or three dollars to buy her something to eat...

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I would have gone over to customer service and reported her, or called the store when I got out to my car.

What does drive me nuts up there (and I don't know if they still do it at the grocery entrance or not) is to want to check your receipt on your way out. They're not freakin' BJ's, and people have lots more stuff and longer receipts. To be perfectly honest its a joke anyway, I've been through both BJ's and Walmart and purchased my items in 2 orders (hence, 2 receipts).. I've just handed ONE of the receipts to the "checker" at the door and they just looked at it, or in BJ's case, hole-punched it, and handed it back to me. They never noticed all the items in my cart weren't on that one receipt. :?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  11. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Maybe she could just go to the traffic light and borrow a couple of dollars from the "homeless" people.

12. AnnetteL

Actually I thought she might be one of them,having a second job at Walmart ;)