Same sex marriage in NC?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Gomer Pyle, Jul 27, 2011.

?

Dp you support same sex marriage in NC?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

31 vote(s)
    56.4%
  3. undecided

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

*this is my second try at a poll thread...sorry if I EFF it up!

Do you support same sex marriage in NC?

"Marriage" in this context being a legal condition and not a religious one. It would grant all spousal benefits currently allowed by law, including legal and medical powers of attorney, custody of children and joint property and (if applicable) alimony.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yes, why should we be the only ones that have to suffer?

Dear, in case you accidentally read this, someone else logged in as me! :jester:

3. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

Why are some people so bent out of shape about same sex marriage?

Once you get married, it's the same sex.

4. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:lol:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers::lol::lol::lol:

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Yes I do,I don't see what the big deal is! Time to move into the 21st century! ;)

7. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't support freaks of nature. #^%*& a sheep if you want but don't push it in my face and tell me it's normal.

8. I was thinking the exact same thing. I mean seriously, what's that old saying about getting milk for free? Wait, maybe milk wasn't the best word to use. :lol:

Anyway, this whole thing started back in the '80's because homos wanted to get AIDS treatment for thier partners and the insurance companies were denying it based on the term "Spouse". It's morphed into a big nutroll since then. The way I see it, if a gay guy wants to get nagged to death for the rest of his life and told "no" 27 days a month then so be it.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN. End of discussion. :lol:

10. AnnetteL

I seriously doubt it will be 'the end of discussion' ;)

11. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Some changes are good .. some things should Never change.

It's obvious in today's world that some changes have screwed up everyday living for some people (of course not the ones who enjoy the change). This I'm meaning like education (no kid left behind rule), age requirements of being able to do certain things, military changes of their standards and upholdings, prayer in school (or prayer in general), etc....

Marriage is a holy (or is suppose to be & should be) union between a man & woman.

With that stated, why should same sex couples reap the benefits (health insurance, power of attorney, child issues - all that was mentioned on another's answer) of something that should not be and is not morally & physically correct ?

That's like encouraging and condoning disrespect from people who think they own the world so to speak and that people around them should bow down to their wants and likes.

I know gay people so I'm not "downing" them per se. But I don't have to agree with letting them have however type of "legal" lifestyle they want. I do try to live & uphold to the quote of "hate the sin but not the sinner".

Anyhow .... it's going to end up however it ends up because we have some twisted views from political people as well as integrity/ethical views of such going (gone) down the tubes.

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

left up to the states

if it passed, i wouldn't care.

13. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I think children are supposed to be raised by a mother and father as well and divorce is frowned upon if we are getting all religulus here.

If you don't believe in gay marriage, then don't marry one.

14. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

No. Marriage should be restriced to a woman and a man. No same sex marriages.

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree: and if it's just for the sake of insurance, then insurance companies should change their policies to accomodate SO's or common law spouse, or something like that. I know several people who have lived together for many yrs and would benefit from being on one another's medical ins - but they for whatever reason don't want to get married, so they suffer the consequences. Doesn't seem fair - but I guess thats their choice.

16. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

The company I work for allows you to add your "domestic partner" to your insurance.

17. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

NO!!!!!! I doubt this discussion will end but I agree with harleygirl!! Read your bibles and yes, for christians it is a sin. I do not hate gays but I hate the sin. I ALSO THINK MOST OF OUR POLITICIANS ARE CORRUPT!! So, like so many other wrongs they will probably support this. JMHO Pat

18. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Right, CHOICE. Everyone should have the choice.

This is why I back 'civil unions'. It is really just a different phrase, but takes religion out of it (if you want to). This way a common law spouse who is not religious can also take advantage without having to be married per se. You can still get full-on married under the eyes of god if you want, but there is an option for those who would like to do it differently, yet still be seen as equal in the eyes of the law.

19. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Yes, they and common law individuals should allowed to be married if they want to. I will not sit in judgement on who marries who whether it is same sex, religion or race.

Sherry

20. AnnetteL

:cheers: