A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree::grouphug::grouphug:

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Oh, thanks - they will - it just takes a little time and effort to figure it all out. :mrgreen:

3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I know how you feel! We had a lightning strike on Monday and lost a quite few items around the house. Each will require it's own estimate from different people who specialize in that area to determine if we can repair or replace and then all of the associated paperwork and the $500 deductible, if it is all approved. We are very fortunate that the house didn't burn and we are all okay and I am eternally grateful for that. Just a pain to schedule it all and deal with it, but I know it is always something and it always will be! Just another bump in the road.

I hope things get better your way soon, especially your cat!! Think of it this way...the floor, the cat, and the mower...you've had your 3! Gotta get better from here!! Good luck!

4. bandmom

Sorry to hear about your troubles too. Lightening struck the side of our house Sat night (me and DD saw the spark!) but all it took out was satellite dish and it's power line - Dish came out on Sun and replaced everything cause we had the 'service' agreement. We thought it had gotten the a/c, but we powered it on/off and it worked ok after that. We still may have an electrician come out as we have discovered some of our wall outlets are no longer working?
    But YES, as you said, if this is all I have to deal with, I consider myself blessed! I'll keep my problems anytime compared to some of my friends, lol!

5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

We saw the strike and the fireball too when the lightning grounded! It blew out the cable line and scared the tar out of me! I am glad you didn't suffer too much damage!! You have had your share lately!! You are the second person I have heard from this week with kitchen flooding. A facebook friend had a dishwasher flood overnight and has to replace flooring and subfloor. I tell ya, it is always something!! Really glad it didn't get your a/c in this heat (mine too)!!! We were thinking of getting an electrician too, though everything seems to be fine. Let me know if you find a good one!! Hope it all works out!!

6. bandmom

7. bandmom

on a lighter note - mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches are really good! :lol:

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DH says he got a reverse 911 call about some sort of carjacking in "our" area, which is near Archer Lodge with a barefoot suspect on the loose. Anyone know what's going on? Of course there is nothing on WRAL. Not overly concerned, just curious.

9. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

what is a reverse 911 call?

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The county calls you with emergency information. I googled the number it is legitimate.

I believe webbie posted a psa re: not long ago. I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

11. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Guess he wasn't a very good car jacker if he is on foot! Hope he doesn't come this way, but if he does, my Australian Shepard hasn't had breakfast, so we are ready! :twisted: Thanks for the heads-up! I am in your area!

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DH wasn't sure what "our area" included, so he let me know just in case, I work near 4042. :cheers:

13. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Looks like it may be a little further away. Guess I gotta go feed the dog after all! Gonna look into the reverse 911 thing though! Sounds like a good system!!

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Reverse 911 might not be the correct terminology for JoCo.

I guess I might hafta go look up exactly what they are calling it.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OK, it's right on the homepage for 4042. It's called "Code Red" and it the Johnston County Emergency Notification System.

16. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Did you order the code red?!

[​IMG]

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol::lol::lol:

18. bandmom

Cool! just signed up! :lol:

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We didn't sign up to my knowledge................not sure what happened there, but I ain't complaining. :jester:

In fact, we do not have a traditional landline, it's a digital phone through TWC that DH uses strictly for work. Wish the telemarketers would figure that out.

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I want a bacon cheeseburger & french fries :p